sim1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Great time in Iceland, new friends, and a great country to visit.

Hotel was of a good standard and food was to a high standard.

Paul our JY tour guide excelled himself with arranging restaraunts and taxis for those that required them. Thanks again Paul.

The local guide was very knowledgable, and even with the poor weather, on some days, got us to all what we wanted to see, changing the itinerary to suit.

Our coach driver was excellent over the very icy roads and snow.

Just about got to see the northern lights, as the weather was against us.

Best day was at the blue Lagoon, -6 outside 38 degrees in the water, surreal eating magnum icecream upto your neck in warm water and a cold head.

The tour just requires one extra day to make it perfect but thanks again JY for another fun holiday.

Maybe do a spring/summer tour to iceland, I would book.

Sim1

RioRita
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

Great time in Iceland, new friends, and a great country to visit.

Hotel was of a good standard and food was to a high standard.

Paul our JY tour guide excelled himself with arranging restaraunts and taxis for those that required them. Thanks again Paul.

The local guide was very knowledgable, and even with the poor weather, on some days, got us to all what we wanted to see, changing the itinerary to suit.

Our coach driver was excellent over the very icy roads and snow.

Just about got to see the northern lights, as the weather was against us.

Best day was at the blue Lagoon, -6 outside 38 degrees in the water, surreal eating magnum icecream upto your neck in warm water and a cold head.

The tour just requires one extra day to make it perfect but thanks again JY for another fun holiday.

Maybe do a spring/summer tour to iceland, I would book.

Sim1

Thanks for posting this, I was looking at the Iceland trip last year but ended up going to Cheltenham! Certainly won't do a UK trip again but seriously thinking of doing the Iceland trip. I love the sound of the Blue Lagoon.

bac
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just seen your review of Iceland at New Year. also on trip. Would recommend to all. Blue Lagoon and New Year's Eve fireworks amazing
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'd love to visit Iceland with JY and I hope they decide to run it at another time of year as well as New Year, as I don't cope well in freezing weather!! So I'll have to wait and see...Many thanks for these encouraging reviews.

Cheers,

Bob

Guitarlady
(Member)
It all sounds amazing, I have booked it for this year.