Southwest54
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Trip was much more interesting and full on than I expected, but it was well worth the effort. Anyone planning to go on the JY Vietnam itinerary should ensure that they have some clothing for very hot weather - we had 34C with high humidity even in December. Swimsuit, sandals, beach cover, bug spray, sun hat, sunglasses, day pack, hand cleanser, all items I found extremely useful. Good walking shoes essential, but sandals you can walk a distance in may be helpful in the hot weather. For Hanoi, it can be more chilly so one warm but light jacket would do. I took way too much heavy clothing and wished I'd taken more t shirts. One nice dress for dinners out. Would go again!
cate52a
(Member)
Hi Southwest54 - glad you enjoyed the holiday. I'm thinking of booking for October this year but could you tell me about the flights? I believe there are six altogether but I wanted a rough idea how long the internal flights are. Any info gratefully received!

Cate

Southwest54
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'cate52a' wrote:

Hi Southwest54 - glad you enjoyed the holiday. I'm thinking of booking for October this year but could you tell me about the flights? I believe there are six altogether but I wanted a rough idea how long the internal flights are. Any info gratefully received!

Cate

Hi Cate

The internal flights are not long, just between 1 and 2 hours each. From KL to Hanoi is about 2 hours. The long flight is on an Airbus 380 and was surprisingly comfortable despite being 13 hours London to KL.

The tour leader is well organised so you just need to listen to the daily instructions, follow along, and things go well. We had a diverse group which got along very well, and I feel as though I met some great people.

Cheers

SW54