Sue-si K
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello!

I've never been on a singles holiday before but have the taste for adventure. I fancy the trip to Vietnam for Christmas 2012. Does anyone have an experiences that can persuade me to take the plunge????

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've booked for Christmas 2012, it should be a totally different experience and I'm looking forward to it.

Have been on 7 Just You holidays already and am off to Bulgaria this week and Costa Rica in October. All the trips I've been on have been really good fun and always a good crowd of people, you get teh chance to see and experience so many things that you probably wouldn't if you didn't go as part of a group.

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the Xmas/New Year trip to Vietnam in 2010. Everybody on the trip had a great time. The weather was fine, just the odd shower. We spent Xmas Eve/Xmas Day on a boat in Ha Long Bay which was brilliant. The New Year celebrations in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) were in the square right outside our hotel. The people in Vietnam were very friendly and the countryside is beautiful. It's a country of contrasts. You can be in a modern city and just 20 minutes down the road people are ploughing a field using an ox and wooden plough.

Regds

Jim

Southwest54
(Member)
I've been thinking about Vietnam for Xmas 2012, have not done a JY trip but have done some other single groups, cooking courses in Italy, but never a long haul one. Just need something to do over the Xmas period since I have three weeks holiday from work. Anyone going on the trip, would like to know what you expect the weather to be like in Hanoi in December. Thanks!:shy: Anne
Sue-si K
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi - well the time is fast approaching to start some plans for things to pack etc.This is my first holiday alone and I have to say that from time to time I have shook myself questioning am i really doing this.... I have booked my appointment for vaccinations. Do I really need rabies jab??? Anyone got any comments on what they have had?

Also - packing. I have just read to take a smaller bag for overnight on the junk. Any other tips???

And will the weather really be like our summer days??

So many questions but it will help settle the slight angst that is growing.

Southwest54
(Member)
Must call the doc's office tomorrow and see what jabs are needed for Vietnam. Have been too busy at work to get moving on this, but will do so this weekend. The only part I don't relish is the long flight but my son tells me Vietnam is amazing (I paid for him to go last year!). I think the weather in the north will be quite chilly in December but will get warmer as we move south?
TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm looking forward to Christmas in Vietnam, off to Costa Rica in a week, so not much time to get my visa turned around, don't think i need any jabs, so at least thats one less thing to worry about