Maria_19
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'd love some recent feedback on Riviera Splendour holiday please; in particular the hotel, bedrooms and immediate area. I'm sure the excursions are fabulous! I've been to Nice and Monte Carlo before but never Portofino or Alassio.:thumbup:
Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Maria_19' wrote:

I'd love some recent feedback on Riviera Splendour holiday please; in particular the hotel, bedrooms and immediate area. I'm sure the excursions are fabulous! I've been to Nice and Monte Carlo before but never Portofino or Alassio.:thumbup:

Hi. Did this trip last month and enjoyed it. The Hotel is a few minutes walk from the beach on quite a busy road but as you are out and about every day its not really a problem.. Its a bit old fashioned but very clean and comfortable. I believe most rooms have a balcony, mine was huge but I didnt spend much time there. The food is ok. There is a choice at dinner and everyone seemed to find something they liked. Did all the trips except to Nice and they were all very good.

breadcrumb
(Member)
Hi,

I also did this trip last month (Sept 11th) I really enjoyed it.The hotel was ok,though like the other person said in her post is quite old fashioned.No air-con or fridge/mini bar.Though it was a lovely hotel,its family run and so had a nice cosy feel to it.

Bed was for me hard but ok,and I liked the shutters you could close or open by the switch on the wall to keep the heat or sun out.

Food was nice,but the best was on gala night,really enjoyed that.My favourite was a choice of desserts from the trolley.

Also nice to have a small lunch menu and they served this when in the lounge or on the terrance outside.

The area was lovely,a nice beach and harbour nearby which was nice for a walk after dinner.Also alot of resturants and cafes in the area itself.Quite relaxing,and full mainly of older Italians on holiday.

One day was market day which was enjoyable.

I did all the excursions,I recommend them,not to hectic either.Can go at your own pace.

Have a great time if you decide to go.

Sharon.x

Maria_19
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue2' wrote:

'Maria_19' wrote:

Hi. Did this trip last month and enjoyed it. The Hotel is a few minutes walk from the beach on quite a busy road but as you are out and about every day its not really a problem.. Its a bit old fashioned but very clean and comfortable. I believe most rooms have a balcony, mine was huge but I didnt spend much time there. The food is ok. There is a choice at dinner and everyone seemed to find something they liked. Did all the trips except to Nice and they were all very good.

Thanks Sue

I've heard the immediate area is a bit "depressed looking" with lots of boarded up businesses. Are there any little shops nearby? I know it probably doesn't matter as you spend most of the time out and about but I do hope my information is incorrect.

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Maria_19' wrote:

'Sue2' wrote:

'Maria_19' wrote:

Thanks Sue

I've heard the immediate area is a bit "depressed looking" with lots of boarded up businesses. Are there any little shops nearby? I know it probably doesn't matter as you spend most of the time out and about but I do hope my information is incorrect.

The immediate area isnt too pretty but you just go around the corner to the road to the promenade and thats better. There were very few shops but as you are out in all the other towns every day there is plenty of scope for shopping.

breadcrumb
(Member)
I remember reading that too on a website and wondered on what it be like when I got there,but it went out of my mind when I arrived.I only went along the promenade and harbour and found no places boarded up.

Yes there is a local supermarket not far from the hotel,less then ten minutes away.It was perfect to stock up on bottles of water to drink at the hotel.

I found the area was no way near as bad as portraited on reviews on certain websites.

Sharon.x

Maria_19
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for your all feedback Sharon. I had decided to go ahead and book this trip but have since discovered it is no longer possible to travel direct from Manchester which is a real shame as I'm not prepared to have to connect via Gatwick simply to fly to Europe!
breadcrumb
(Member)
Hi Maria,

Your welcome.

Sorry to hear on not been able to travel directly from Mancester.Thats a shame.Hope you find another holiday to look forward to.

Sharon.x

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Do you have any comments on the excursions- in particular Nice aand Monaco. They look great to me but any comments would be welcome!

Thanks