helen143
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was a brilliant holiday, there were 39 of us initially which dropped to 15 for the cruise. I must say I was feeling very nervous this being my first trip with Just You, my fellow travellers were great, we had a really good time and got on very well. The actual holiday was very tiring and involved a lot of planes, a train and bus journeys, this needs to be done if you are to see everything. It was basically living out of a suitcase. The cruise was our relaxing time and needed. All this was forgotten when you actually stand on the Great Wall or see the Terracotta army, I had to pinch myself, I couldn't believe I was there. The food was really good ( I think I can go into any chinese take away knowing that I have tried everything on the menu now lol) It does not taste the same as our takaways. The language is very difficult, we managed to learn a few words only. For the women ---they dont have a lot of western toilets, we called them squatty toilets, there is a large ceramic piece in the floor with a hole in it, take your own tissues, they are seldom provided. Some smell quite nice, other smell awful. The hotels are suberb, huge rooms with everything provided. (and proper toilets). There is obviously a culture difference, the Chinese people spit a lot, eat with their mouths open and make a lot of slurping noises when eating (This means that they are enjoying the food) Once you get over this and settle in so to speak you will have a great time. This is a holiday of a lifetime and well worth doing. I would choose Just You with no hesitation. Brilliant. :thumbup: