jonah
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of booking a short haul holiday next year to get back into the idea of travelling again and also to see what the airport and flying experience is like without the stress of long haul on top.

My query is what will be JY's policy going forward on flexible booking now that restrictions have eased and may ease further. 

Hope all fellow travellers and colleagues at JY are keeping well.

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jonah

Thank for your post, sorry for the delay in responding, I hope all is well with you.

https://www.justyou.co.uk/about-us/reassurance-guarantee/ 

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on a Just You holiday soon.

Kind regards

Matt

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Matt,

Like many others I’m looking forward to travelling once again as the world begins to open up. But, like Jonah, I would only consider a short haul holiday as the idea of wearing a face covering in the airport complex plus on a long haul flight really puts me off.

I should say that I’m very tolerant of the principle of wearing a face covering, and still do when I’m in a shop or on public transport even though it’s not mandatory in England. But it’s the sheer length of time that this would be necessary for a long haul journey that is so off-putting.

So, I have a couple of questions…

Will face masks be compulsory during coach journeys on a JY tour? Of course, I would absolutely expect to follow any local rules regarding the wearing of face masks while out and about, but would there be any relief from this whilst travelling from A to B?

And secondly, do customers need to be fully vaccinated (I am) as a condition of booking? I’m guessing that the answer to this is NO because I can’t find any reference to this online or in your brochure.

Many thanks and hope you’re all keeping well at JYHQ.

Mike

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike

Thanks for your message. We are looking forward to travelling again, the first Just You group is heading off to Iceland on Saturday....very exciting.

In terms of facemasks, we will follow local and national government guidelines on our tours and where it is not mandatory we will not enforce, however we may still advise customers to do so. Ultimately it will come down to customer choice.

We don’t have any conditions around our customers being fully vaccinated, although we advise that customers use our online 'Hassle Free Travel' link on our website to check local and national entry requirements on the destination that you are visiting.

Stay well and we look forward to seeing you on a Just You holiday soon.

Kind regards

Matt

jonah
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Like you Mike, I do not relish hours in a face mask on a plane after several hours in the airport plus whatever method of transport I have used to said airport.  That said, I am sitting with finger poised to hit the book button once my query about the private chaffeur service has been answered.

Really need something to look forward to next year.