AlanD
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked on the India and Nepal trip departing 12th November.

With the problems regarding Jet Airways when I booked I was informed that I would be updated on any flight time changes as soon JY had made any necessary arrangements.

Can you tell me if there have been any changes to the flight times please.

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Alan,

Flights are now with Etihad Airways from LHR

There is also an option to fly with Qatar Airways from MAN or LHR as well.

You'll also get all this information in your documents sent to you 15 weeks before departure 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

sumac
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alan, I'm booked on this trip also and wondering whether to travel a day or two earlier to get over jet lag. At the moment I am looking at Qatar which travel via Goa or whether there is a quicker/more direct route. Have your researches thrown up any better airlines or routes? Looking forward to the trip hugely:)
AlanD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sumac' wrote:

Hi Alan, I'm booked on this trip also and wondering whether to travel a day or two earlier to get over jet lag. At the moment I am looking at Qatar which travel via Goa or whether there is a quicker/more direct route.  Have your researches thrown up any better airlines or routes?  Looking forward to the trip hugely:)

Hi Sumac

The only other flights I looked at were from Manchester as that would be more convenient for me, they flew through Qatar but with a 6 hour wait between flights so decided to stick with Heathrow as it is a evening flight so I can get the train down from Liverpool on the day.

Really looking forward to the trip, I've done the India part of the tour before, you'll love the Taj Mahal visit and Jaipur is a wonderful city. Cant wait to get to Nepal though, it should be a fantastic trip.

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else in the lounge at Heathrow if you decide to fly with us.

See you soon

Alan

AlanD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vicky

Can I ask what the baggage limits are on the internal flights are on the India/Nepal trip.

On my documents they are just listed as internal flights without the name of the carrier so no way to check online.

Thanks

Alan

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Alan,

The baggage limit on all flights is 20kgs 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

sumac
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AlanD' wrote:

'sumac' wrote:

Hi Alan, I'm booked on this trip also and wondering whether to travel a day or two earlier to get over jet lag. At the moment I am looking at Qatar which travel via Goa or whether there is a quicker/more direct route.  Have your researches thrown up any better airlines or routes?  Looking forward to the trip hugely:)

Hi Sumac

The only other flights I looked at were from Manchester as that would be more convenient for me, they flew through Qatar but with a 6 hour wait between flights so decided to stick with Heathrow as it is a evening flight so I can get the train down from Liverpool on the day.

Really looking forward to the trip, I've done the India part of the tour before, you'll love the Taj Mahal visit and Jaipur is a wonderful city. Cant wait to get to Nepal though, it should be a fantastic trip.

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else in the lounge at Heathrow if you decide to fly with us.

See you soon

Alan

Great, thanks very much.  Have you had your travel details yet?  I think I saw that they would be coming 15 weeks before departure.  I've always wanted to see Jaipur so cannot wait!  I had also hoped to fly over Everest but that looks iffy.  See you soon:)