Fizzy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjm533  wrote:

'Mike A' wrote:

Talking about all that,  I have booked a room at the Premier Inn, Bath Road, Hounslow for the night before my early morning flight from Heathrow, (Crete 6/9), but like Bosuncat, I'm a non driver too, so plan to get the underground to Hounslow West and either get a taxi or local bus from there to the hotel.  Has anyone else ever stayed there, and if so, is it easier to go straight to the airport underground station, then get a taxi back from there to the Hotel.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get some kind of bus in the morning, but I'll have to leave about 4.30 as it is a 6.55 flight. Are taxis easier? Although I live near Tower Bridge, Gatwick and especially Londn City, are much easier for me to get to, but this holiday only leaves from Heathrow.  I know there is a newish Premier Inn  actually within the airport now, but it didn't appear on my search when I had to book in May and now it is full, so I'm stuck at the Bath Road one.  Also, I'd paid up front for breakfast, but because I have to leave so early, they don't provide it in the early hours, so I should get a refund on arrival.  I just thought I'd point that out so that any JYers can check of they are also booked on early flights.  Thanks everyone!

Hi Mike,

I have stayed at Premier Inn Bath Road many times.  You can get a Hoppa Bus for £4.50 to Heathrow, all terminals.  First ones leave around 4.00-4.30 depending on terminal.  At that time of the morning T3 will be around 15 minutes and T5 about 25. Hotel has timetables or you can get them online by searching for Heathrow Hoppa.  Don't book a meal deal, because you will not get breakfast at that time of the morning,  They start at 5.30.  If you have booked one, then when you check in (don't use online) tell the you don't want it, and you will either not be charged, or refunded if you have already paid.   The reception staff are very good.

Sorry I can't help with travel by tube or bus, I have only ever flown into Heathrow and got the Hoppa.  Perhaps someone else can help with this bit of your journey.

Regards

Sylvia

PS Not sure where the new one at the airport is and I cannot remember which terminal is the nearest, but even if it had not been full it may not be on a Hoppa route so you may need a taxi.