JanetL22
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Has anyone had recent experience of the chauffeur company Addison Lee that Just You are using for their airport transfers.

I am in the catchment area so chose to accept the offer (based on glowing service advised over the phone by JY) but having read reviews of the company over the weekend now have reservations as to whether they will either get me to the airport on time, pick me up on arrival back or charge me for unnecessary waiting times

Would appreciate hearing your honest experiences

Janet

EdmundBlackadder
(Member)
'JanetL22' wrote:

Hi

Has anyone had recent experience of the chauffeur company Addison Lee that Just You are using for their airport transfers.

I am in the catchment area so chose to accept the offer (based on glowing service advised over the phone by JY) but having read reviews of the company over the weekend now have reservations as to whether they will either get me to the airport on time, pick me up on arrival back or charge me for unnecessary waiting times

Would appreciate hearing your honest experiences

Janet

Janet, this concerns me greatly as well. On the 4th of June I am being picked up at 7:00am from Birmingham to go to Heathrow in a few days on the 4th of June. It is outside the catchment area, so I have paid extra. I considered it easier than taking a heavy case on the train and staying overnight on the train. I've seen the appalling reviews of Addison Lee and wonder why JY are employing them.

What I have done is phoned Addison Lee and changed the pick up time from 08:50am to 07:00am and also changed the return pickup from a 30 minute wait time to 70 minutes. How does the chauffeur company expect us to get from the airport seat, through passport control, baggage reclaim in just half an hour?

Graham

JanetL22
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Graham

Glad to hear it’s not just me that is having these concerns.

I am hoping that there will be some positive reviews from people to help allay our fears but it is useful to know that the option is there to amend pick-up times from the outset which I will definitely take advantage of. I was not aware of the 30 minute waiting window between landing and arrival hall (JY never mentioned it) and definitely do not feel that is long enough

You have not said where you are travelling to but I hope that all goes well and wish you a fantastic holiday. Please provide a review on your return if possible (including chauffeur experience).

Janet

Charles C
(Member)
I recently used the chauffeur service between my home in Teesside and Newcastle Airport operated by Blueline Taxis of Newcastle for Addison Lee travelling out on 19 May  and returning 26 May.  I received emails confirming my pick up time from home and another with the return flight arrival time.  I received a text from AL with the vehicle make and reg shortly before it arrived at the due time and arrived in plenty of time for the flight out.

The return flight arrived on time at 15.45 (internal from LHR) but took over 20 minutes waiting for a gate and then steps and only turned my phone on when I reached the baggage claim to find a text from AL confirming vehicle details and arrival at 15.55, also missed calls from the driver who called again about 16.20 while I was waiting  for my bag.  I finally emerged at 16.35 and found a rather unhappy driver who'd been waiting a long time - £9 parking charges.- but got me home safely.

I don't know what time the driver was booked to pick up based on arrival times but it must be a nightmare at the moment trying to predict a pickup time with current difficulties.  In this case with the various parties involved I doubt if any feedback would reach JY via AL.  The system worked well enough but who picks up the driver's waiting time and parking?

JanetL22
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Charles

Thanks for the info re your chauffeur service experience.

So just you confirm…..you were not asked to pay the parking fee or any extra fee to cover the additional waiting time?

Janet

EdmundBlackadder
(Member)
I've just returned from my Croatian Island Explorer.

After talking with Addison Lee, I changed the pick up time to 7:00am. The driver was there right away and took me to Heathrow from Birmingham in a very fast time.

The return journey was not so good. As I was at the back of the plane, went through a long customs, and was last to get my luggage from the carousel, the driver was not there at the collection point. He had sent a message, and was waiting in the car park.

It was a longer journey than before due to the traffic. When I was home, he wasn't very subtle in waiting for a tip!

Graham

Charles C
(Member)
'JanetL22' wrote:

Hi Charles

Thanks for the info re your chauffeur service experience.

So just you confirm…..you were not asked to pay the parking fee or any extra fee to cover the additional waiting time?

Janet

No, I was not asked to pay, I only know the amount because he needed some pound coins from me for the machine which he changed for a £5 note.

Charles

JanetL22
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

Just wanted to give you an update on my chauffeur car experience.

It was fantastic!

In the morning of departure my driver turned up in good time, car was lovely and clean and I felt incredibly safe in his hands with him adhering to all speed limits etc. He also made sure that I knew where to find the pickup point on return.

On return I met my driver (different gentleman) at the pickup point on arrival and had a lovely safe journey back home.

I cannot recommend this service enough to those that are able to use

Janet