Lindasmith
(Member) (Topic Starter)
im going on the Spirit of India trip in February. Approximately how much money will I need to take on this trip and will I need to take some local currency with me. Who is the guide in charge of our group and how many are in the group. I had my first trip with Just You to Borneo this year and really enjoyed it.i am still a little apprehensive though as I am partially deaf and can struggle at times in group conversations
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lindasmith,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Borneo this year (its on my wish list).

I understand your apprehension, but would urge you not to let it dampen your excitement for this tour, I'm sure you've already experienced that smaller groups naturally form which can make it slightly easier to interact with others and please don't hesitate to ask the Tour manager to repeat themselves if you didn't catch something they've said.

Now, I took this trip in November this year so can speak from experience. In terms of how much to take.... Most of the meals are included on this trip, so you need to budget for a few lunches, drinks and any souvenirs. I spent about £120GBP in cash over the 13 days - some in my group spent much more as they purchased carpets/marble keepsakes and other pieces to remember their trip by. Some places do accept major credit cards (especially the hotels if you prefer to charge drinks to your room). The Rupee is a closed currency so you will need to exchange your money overseas and Sterling can be exchanged easily in hotels. Should you need an ATM, if you let the Tour Manager know, they will incorporate an ATM stop into the day - but give them as much notice as possible.

The Tour Manager isn't currently listed in the system for this date, but if you ask again in a week or two we should be able to give you an update. There are currently 21 travellers booked on this date - 16 on the main tour and 5 taking the Amritsar add-on.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Lindasmith
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia. You answered my questions perfectly. Looking forward to it!

Kind Regards

Linda