Angie S
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sorry folks, just a run of the mill question...I'm thinking about doing this walking tour next November (2018) and in order to get a feel for what to expect, would it be possible for you to say what the age range is for the tour going out this November (remember the add on). I see the main tour is sold out which is very good.

Thanks.

Angie

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Angie,

I can tell you that 18 travellers are booked onto the November 9th tour. 5 are male and 13 are female. The age ranges between late 40s - early 70s.

For the Dhulikhel add-on, 11 travellers are booked. 4 are male and 7 are female. The ages range between early 30s - early 70s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Jenny P
(Member)
I can tell you that 18 travellers are booked onto the November 9th tour. 5 are male and 13 are female. The age ranges between late 40s - early 70s.

For the Dhulikhel add-on, 11 travellers are booked. 4 are male and 7 are female. The ages range between early 30s - early 70s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

It is nice to know the makeup of the group as I am on this trip and JY travellers are as young as they feel.

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks very much Amy for this information.

It's good to see a good range of ages and it's nice to see folks younger than me. I wish I was on this tour but I have a feeling Nepal in November 2018 will be my main trip next year.

Angie

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jenny,

I hope you and your group had a wonderful time in Nepal.

I'm curious to know if you were able to do the Everest flight - I know on other tours, if someone asked, the local guide could try and fit it in if the group were agreeable.

It would be great to hear how you got on.

Angie

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just putting this out there again to see if anyone managed to fit in the Everest flight. It would be great to hear from you either way. 

Thanks. 

Angie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie,

I agree - I wouldn't book this tour unless I knew it was a certainty that the Everest flight would be available.  Other companies still offer it...

Cheers,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Bob and Angie

Sometimes, depending on the available time, one can arrange such things locally even if they are not either provided or endorsed by Just You. You just need a good Tour Manager or Local Guide to facilitate this. Saying this from experience as I was able to do the Hot Air Balloon flight over Masai Mara. You just have to take responsibility for anything going wrong!

Best wishes

Jaya

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob,

Just posted this again for some feedback when I was defrosting the car this morning.

Yip, I'm still trying to convince myself to do this tour but as you know I really want the opportunity of the Everest flight. I know other JY customers out there do too. As you say other companies do it.

One minute I think I'm going to book then I change my mind again. I wish JY would give this more thought - seems silly to go to Nepal and not to at least have the opportunity to do the flight.

I need to make a decision soon!

All the best for the New Year.

Angie

Oh, I see I now have 4 stars and am a Senior Member!

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Angie,

If you wish to go on the Everest flight then you will need to arrange your flight independently as we no longer offer this trip as an optional excursion.

Kind Regards,

Amy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie (and Jaya),

Yes it is really frustrating.  It is all very well saying that we can arrange this ourselves, but it depends entirely on the tour manager leaving enough time for the flight to happen.  I've been on a number of JY tours and asked about organising a balloon flight, only to be told the itinerary doesn't allow enough time for me to do it myself.  Jaya was very lucky being able to do it in Kenya - and I am still seriously annoyed that I haven't been facilitated in the same way.  It is one of the reasons why I am now travelling with other companies as well as JY.

All the best,

Bob

PeterG
(Member)
I did this trip in March 2017 and a number of the group arranged to do the Everest flight.

Personally I didn't bother as a distant view of Everest through the window of a small plane didn't appeal. I was more than happy with the photos I took of the Annapurna range as the sun came up.

Peter

JYJames
(Member)
As detailed on the other thread about the Everest flights as Just You are unable to guarantee the health and safety of its customers on these flights we are unable to provide any help or assistance in arranging these flights and are done solely at the customers own risk.

James

pbro1701
(Member)
Hello everyone going on the Nepal November 2018 tour.

Is there anyone travelling from Manchester airport to connect with the group in Abu Dhabi?

Jenny P
(Member)
Hi not been on the forum for ages. With regard to the Everest flight, the local tour guide organised this. I didn't go but most of the group did. He also arranged a helicopter flight, with a champagne breakfast to base camp, for those who were incredibly rich! Also paragliding and microlight for those of a more adventurous nature. Hope this answers your questions.
Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Oh wow Jenny ... thanks for getting back and letting me know all this. 

Sounds like there is adventure to be had!

Angie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenny, that's good to know that your particular group got the chance.  But unfortunately that's leaving it up to the local guide - and they vary considerably in the lengths they will go to for a group and what time is made available for extras.  Another may not offer the same "extra" or unofficial excursions and the tour manager might not facilitate it either. For example, on other Nepal tours I've never heard of the group being offered helicopter flights or a microlight/paragliding trip.  When I did the Chile, Argentina and Brazil tour I asked about whether it would be possible to do a helicopter flight over the Iguazu Falls.  I was told there wasn't enough time; however a year later another traveller posted a review and said they had done a helicopter trip.  When I decide to go to Nepal, I will be using another tour operator unless JY/Trav change their policy on this.

All the best,

Bob

carol b
(Member)
Hi. I have today booked for the walking tour with add on for November 2018.

I have read and understand that the flight to Everest isn't available but are we even able to see Everest  at a distance .

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carol.

I'll see you in November. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me would answer you. Unfortunately I would not expect we would see Everest without some kind of flight.

Angie