AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Morning Julia

with our wonderful holiday to Costa Rica/Nicaragua fast approaching

please could you supply me with the following information ref to the optional excursions

how many have booked the pre bookable optional Tours

Managua and Masaya Volcano National Park

Penas Blancas River Trip

Tarcoles River

Tabacon Hot Springs

and are any trips not already booked payable in just sterling when we get there

one more question, is online check in available through the United Airlines website and if so would you send me my pnr number,  having said that I may not get chance to do so with leaving here 2 days before, there may be an outside chance if check in was 48 hours before and not 24

Thanks very much and sorry to give you such hideous work for a Friday

all the best

Dave

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Dave,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Number of people booked on the optional tours;

Managua and Masaya Volcano National Park - 10

Penas Blancas River Trip - 11

Tarcoles River – 9

Tabacon Hot Springs - 8

All trips are payable in USD only.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

The information about the optional trips sent to us quoted all the prices in Sterling. I have paid for the pre bookable optional excursions apart from the Tabacon Hot Springs as I am not too sure about this. I plan to do most of the other optional excursions, which cannot be pre booked. If we can't pay for them in Sterling, are you able to let me have the approximate cost of each in US$? Asking as I may have to get more Dollars - I have just over $800 at the moment. I am also presuming that Credit Cards will not be acceptable either?

Regards

Jaya

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Just wanted to inform everyone going on this trip that you can choose your seats on the United Airlines website. Very handy if you want an aisle seat! I decided to treat myself and paid $358 to get a seat with more leg room on both outbound and inbound flights (LHR - Houston - LHR) - prices start from $152 for each sector depending on which seat you choose (cheapest is the middle seat). Mine was $179 for each sector. You are able to choose seats for all 4 flights.

Regards

Jaya

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

yes i chose my aisle seat's earlier today but in cattle class, Jaya it'll be interesting to hear what you thought for the extra $358 dollars

Dave

Peter G
(Member)
Thanks for that Jaya. I have just upgraded to Economy Plus and an aisle seat for the Houston- LHR flight for $179 but decided to remain cattle class for the rest.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter

I was thinking about remaining cattle class for the outbound flight since it is a day flight, but then decided to go ahead and upgrade as it is a long flight - just over 11 hours. Can't understand why the return flight is shorter. Hopefully will be able to get some sleep on the way back! Not too long to go - getting very excited.

Abba Dave - hope $358 will be well spent and much better than BA upgrade I did on my return from Mexico - it certainly was not worth the extra I paid. I will let you know what I thought about the upgrade when we land in Houston!

Regards

Jaya

Moderator2
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Julia

The information about the optional trips sent to us quoted all the prices in Sterling.  I have paid for the pre bookable optional excursions apart from the Tabacon Hot Springs as I am not too sure about this.  I plan to do most of the other optional excursions, which cannot be pre booked.  If we can't pay for them in Sterling, are you able to let me have the approximate cost of each in  US$?  Asking as I may have to get more Dollars - I have just over $800 at the moment.  I am also presuming that Credit Cards will not be acceptable either?

Regards

Jaya

Good Morning Jaya,

We would advise you to use the exchange rate of 1.25 to give you a cost in USD.

Tabacon Hot Springs is £80 and $100

Only USD is accepted in payment for all optional excursion in resort. Credit cards are not acceptable for payment for optional excursions.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Mildred. Will make sure I have enough $ - looks like it is cash all the way!

Regards

Jaya

doreenpat
(Member)
Hello there

I am also travelling to Costa Rica from Heathrow and staying in the Premier Inn. Thanks for the info about booking seats Jaya. I hadn't thought of that but will check it out now. Hope to spot some of you in the departure lounge.

Not long to go now!

Doreen

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Doreen

you are welcome to join me and Jaya for Dinner at the PI if you wish

yes am counting down the days now too

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Doreen

Agree with Dave - you can join us for dinner as we too are staying at the Premier Inn on Tuesday. Look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Jaya

gdancer
(Member)
Can you give me a bit more information of how to choose my seat with United Airlines? I have looked at their site and they are asking for a 'confirmation' number.

Thanks, Glenis

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hope you have a great time on this trip. I shall expect a review or two when you return home 🙂 

Jan

doreenpat
(Member)
Hi Jaya and Dave

Thanks for the invite. It would be good to join you for dinner. My flight gets into Heathrow from Edinburgh about 7pm so I will maybe get to the hotel 7.30 -8pm. Sorry for the delay in responding. I have had a leak in my bathroom and have been busy dealing with plumbers and insurance company. Very bad timimg!

See you tomorrow evening, Doreen

Moderator2
(Member)
'gdancer' wrote:

Can you give me a bit more information of how to choose my seat with United Airlines? I have looked at their site and they are asking for a 'confirmation' number.  

Thanks, Glenis

Good Afternoon Glenis,

I just spoke to the Just You aviation team and they have explained to me that you have already been pre-sat.

Kind Regards,

Mildred