Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Bosuncat,

You are most welcome.

In an unfortunate event where we are forced to cancel a tour, we will do so before the date that your balance payment is due but we are feeling very positive about your tour going ahead.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thanks for that Mildred.  Incidentally, I have finally received the email.  For some reason it was being sent (and I am sure this was not Hannah's fault), on an old email that I have only used once.  I always book on the phone, and always tell CS my up to date email address, and my telephone number.  :huh:

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mildred. 

I have dragged this thread up again because I have been looking at 2018 dates on various holidays.  I was intensely annoyed to see that the timings for the 2018 dates for this trip are back to early departures from Gatwick.  Why, when JY had over 9 months notice of the rejection by EasyJet of the group booking on a far earlier and more convenient flight, were they not able to try at least, to negotiate  the same timings for this year with either Norwegian Air or BA?  And to Chania instead of the 2 hours plus transfer from Heraklion? 

I appreciate the fact that we are going to eat (very late), on the way from the airport(although we are not being given anything there as we were due to have an included meal in Chania anyway), and that we have an extra excursion on the way to the airport (but have to purchase our own meal), but the flight timings are horrendous. 

As I have already indicated because of no night buses from Gatwick, I shall have to be spending over £100 for an extra night's accommodation at Gatwick and other expenses I shall be accruing.  And I shall not be the only one!  This is already an expensive holiday, and I personally am very annoyed.  😠

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

I appreciate that Chania is the better option with less transfer time.

However the hotel was secured for the 06th of September & Norwegian Air into Chania was not an option as they do not fly this route on Wednesdays.

BA flight Heathrow Chania was not available from group seats. This was the same with Easyjet into Chania.

This is a high demand route and we negotiate very early to secure the best flight options for our customers. The airlines never guarantee group reservations yoy,

Therefore flying into Heraklion was the only viable option to enable this date to operate. There is no other flight option for the inbound.

2018 has been based on the flights directly into Chania, this is the preferred choice but it is a high demand route, it may be that we have to change some peak dates into Heraklion, this will be dictated by the Airlines as the dates come into range 9- 10 months ahead.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

I appreciate that Chania is the better option with less transfer time.

However the hotel was secured for the 06th of September & Norwegian Air into Chania was not an option as they do not fly this route on Wednesdays.

BA flight Heathrow Chania was not available from group seats. This was the same with Easyjet into Chania.

This is a high demand route and we negotiate very early to secure the best flight options for our customers. The airlines never guarantee group reservations yoy,

Therefore flying into Heraklion was the only viable option to enable this  date to operate. There is no other flight option for the inbound.

2018 has been based on the flights directly into Chania, this is the preferred choice but it is a high  demand route, it may be that we have  to change some peak dates into Heraklion, this will be dictated by the Airlines as the dates come into range 9- 10 months ahead.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thank you for the clear explanation Mildred.