joyhealey
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Does anyone know how likely I am to get free wifi on this trip please?

Someone told me free wifi is "everywhere" in USA, but I'm not very "tablet savvy" and while it would be nice to keep vaguely in touch with the folks back home, I don't want a nasty surprise on my return

Thanks.

Joy

(Member)
Hi Joy,

All of the hotels we use on this tour have free WIFI. Your Tour Manager should be able to give out a username and password on arrival. Also, the bus has WIFI although some times it works, sometimes it does not!!!

Kindest Regards,

Monty

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
From what I could remember about Wi Fi on this trip, the only place where we did not have it in our room was Chicago and the only place where you could get it was in Reception. I do not remember it on the coach. Loved this trip, have a great time :thumbup:

Jan

turnke
(Member)
'joyhealey' wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know how likely I am to get free wifi on this trip please?

Someone told me free wifi is "everywhere" in USA, but I'm not very "tablet savvy" and while it would be nice to keep vaguely in touch with the folks back home, I don't want a nasty surprise on my return

Thanks.

Joy

Joy

I was on the tour with Jan last November,I had an iPod touch,and that worked on our coach as I emailed a picture to one of the other tour members.I went to see the Duck Parade at the Peabody Hotel,in Memphis,rather than the church service on the Sunday.Those ducks move fast.

The wifi did work for emails,but,probably was not stronger for anything else.

Like Jan said it was a great trip.

Keith

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have been on many JY USA tours, you will find the bigger hotel usually have business suites that you can use for free, so I use these, to touch base with home if need be..normally it's very busy on a USA tour..

Cindy

Mick W
(Member)
Hi Joy,

Was on the trip last November with Jan & Keith, you'll have a great time i'm sure.

Unlike Keith I did the Gospel church service in Memphis, certainly was an experience and pleased i did it.

In New Orleans there is a Mardi Gras museum walkable from the hotel, some of us did it on the morning before flying home, well worth a visit.

Any other specific questions please ask.

Mick

SandraOx
(Member)
Thanks Mick I'll definitely but the museum on my must do list for New Orleans for the 2nd November tour.

Kind regards

:thumbup:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Joy,

Was on the trip last November with Jan & Keith, you'll have a great time i'm sure.

Unlike Keith I did the Gospel church service in Memphis, certainly was an experience and pleased i did it.

In New Orleans there is a Mardi Gras museum walkable from the hotel, some of us did it on the morning before flying home, well worth a visit.

Any other specific questions please ask.

Mick

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Joy,

You must be so excited as you are counting down the days till your trip. I am so jealous.

Keith mentioned the Gospel service. I went on this, not what I was expecting as I used to sing Gospel when I lived in London back in the 70's. They put some of us in the second row. We could see the Treasurer on his phone and calculator to see how much revenue was coming in. We had an envelope each and were told to put in a certain amount- not that we did :@

The songs were so repetitive and so long. As one person said, that is 2 hours I will not get back again 😞 They were going to give us food and drink, but the service over ran so we left.

Jan