Lynda barden
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Any one going on the Manchester flight 12 th October to America .My first holiday with Just you.It would be nice to hear from anyone going.

Feeling nervious.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
You will love this trip. There is a thread going on Nov 2nd for this trip. Enjoy- read the reviews from last year.

Jan

Lynda barden
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

You will love this trip. There is a thread going on Nov 2nd for this trip. Enjoy- read the reviews from last year.

Jan

Many thanks Jan I will read the reviews.

Lynda

Mick W
(Member)
I was on the same trip as Jan and agree you are in for a great trip, 4 very different cities to visit.

Any specific questions please ask

Mick

Lynda barden
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

I was on the same trip as Jan and agree you are in for a great trip, 4 very different cities to visit.

Mick

Hi Mick

Thanks for that. Looking forward to the experience.First holiday with Just You.

Lynda

Angie 2
(Member)
Hi Lynda,

I'm on that trip. I will look out for you at the airport. Put your JY labels on your hand luggage and you will be recognised by the rep at the airport check in. I have had a letter to say that the airport lounge is fully booked so we won't be able to use it. That's a shame because it would be a good place for first timers to meet up with others on the trip. Don't worry about it being your first trip with Just You, it's a good company and you are well looked after.

I look forward to meeting you.

Angela

Lynda barden
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie wrote:

Hi Lynda,

I'm on that trip. I will look out for you at the airport. Put your JY labels on your hand luggage and you will be recognised by the rep at the airport check in. I have had a letter to say that the airport lounge is fully booked so we won't be able to use it. That's a shame because it would be a good place for first timers to meet up with others on the trip. Don't worry about it being your first trip with Just You, it's a good company and you are well looked after.

I look forward to meeting you.

Angela

Hi Angela

It's great to hear from someone going on the same trip. Looking forward to meeting you too. I have heard good things about a Just You holidays,so I am looking forward to the holiday experience.

See you on the 12th.

Lynda

jimsmum
(Member)
I did that trip in September, it is wonderful. When you get to Nolo be sure to go to the Cafe Du Monde for those fabulous buns and some of the nicest coffee I had in the US, I can't remember how to spell the special buns but they are Brilliant.
wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
im not on this trip but after route 66, I hope to be doing this in 2017 s please leave a review

and enjoy you re self!

Ann

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cafe du Monde and the famous beignets are to die for. A must for anyone visiting New Orleans :thumbup:

Jan

Katewa24
(Member)
Hi Guys,

Can those of you who have been on this trip please advise about the hotels, the reviews on trip advisor for these hotels are really not good, especially the St Louis one.

What's the general opinion on them?

Sounds like a great trip that Id love to do.

Kate

Angie 2
(Member)
Hi Kate ,

I went on this trip last October and all the rooms I had were clean and comfortable. In one of the hotels I was given a suite and the lights were not working in the lounge when I arrived but they were quickly sorted out when I informed reception. The decor was a little tired in a couple of the hotels ( I can't remember which ones) but overall it was nothing to get upset about. The breakfasts were good with plenty to chose from. The holiday itself was fantastic so I wouldn't let trip advisor put you off going.

Angie

Katewa24
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Mick

Hi Mick, I wondered if you could give your opinion on the hotels in this trip, some reviews are ok and some are really bad, so I'm feeling confused. Thanks, Kate

stevmag
(Member)
Having done 7 holidays with Just You, 6 of which were to America I have never found a hotel to complain about. The idea I have found, is to have a great sightseeing holiday and not spend my time sitting in or inspecting hotel rooms. All I ever did was sleep in them and they were perfect for that. The king size beds are amazing. Enjoy your holiday.
AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was on this trip with Mick and Jan and had a fantastic time. I stay in hotels a lot with work and the ones on the trip I thought were fine in comparison. I remember my room in the Memphis hotel being the best but the rest were perfectly acceptable. They aren't 5 star but definitely not a reason not to book a great trip.

Hope that helps

Mick W
(Member)
'Katewa24' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

Hi Mick, I wondered if you could give your opinion on the hotels in this trip, some reviews are ok and some are really bad, so I'm feeling confused. Thanks, Kate

The hotels were fine, not the best i've stayed in but clean and safe which is really the priority. A bonus for me was the location been in the City centres, far too often on touring holidays they are on the outskirts of town with not much near.

Agree with AMG that Memphis was best but none would give reason to not book the holiday.

jonsie
(Member)
Hi am traveling on this trip on 16th May 2016 if you are doing the same trip would like to hear from you

Yvonne

Rosie9
(Member)
Hi  I did this trip in October 2014, It is a fantastic holiday, you will see so much, the highlight for me was Graceland, go and enjoy,

Best wishes