Joanne123
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am going to be booking for this holiday but was wondering about the number of people who are booked on this. Also, if there is not enough interest, what happens then - does the holiday get cancelled? What is the minimum number of people required in order that the holiday goes ahead?

sorry for all the questions, im just concerned I'll book it, get my hopes up, then find out theres not enough interest and i have to dash about trying to find another hol that fits in with my schedule!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joanne,

At the moment there are 7 travellers booked on the date, 3 on the main tour only and 4 on the Yangtze add-on. It hasn't been cleared to operate yet, we need about 10 travellers for this to be given the green light. Chatting to my colleague, at this stage, she's feeling quite positive about this going ahead as we tend to get a few late bookers on this tour.

We don't like cancelling holidays, so we do try to operate them where possible. If we are forced to cancel a tour due to insufficient bookings, we will do so before your final balance is due and wherever possible we will try our best to offer you a suitable alternative holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Joanne123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that Julia, hopefully more will book. am I correct in thinking that if I book it, then you only need two more people then for the holiday to be cleared to go ahead?
Joanne123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi - is there any updates as to whether this has the green light to go ahead? how many are booked, age range, m/f ratio?

thanks

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Joanne123' wrote:

hi - is there any updates as to whether this has the green light to go ahead? how many are booked, age range, m/f ratio?

thanks

Hi Joanne, whilst it's still a little early to make a definite decision on this one, at present it's looking likely that this will go ahead.

Currently there are 6 people booked - 4 female, 2 male - and the age range is from 41-67.

Thanks,

Tim

Joanne123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Tim' wrote:

'Joanne123' wrote:

thanks

Hi Joanne, whilst it's still a little early to make a definite decision on this one, at present it's looking likely that this will go ahead.

Currently there are 6 people booked - 4 female, 2 male - and the age range is from 41-67.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks Tim, but a bit confused now, as i phoned up yesterday and the man on the phone said it had been given the green light as 10 people were booked on it.. now only 6? that means 4 people have cancelled in 24 hours....

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Joanne123' wrote:

'Tim' wrote:

'Joanne123' wrote:

thanks

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks Tim, but a bit confused now, as i phoned up yesterday and the man on the phone said it had been given the green light as 10 people were booked on it.. now only 6? that means 4 people have cancelled in 24 hours....

Hi Joanne, apologies - I didn't count those doing the Yangtze add-on. There are three more booked with the add-on (all female), so I make that 9 in total.

Thanks,

Tim