cathygarnz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm hoping to go on the Cuba tour in October. I was booked to go to Cuba last November but the tour was canceled due to lack of numbers. Could you tell me how many are booked to go in October and do you know if it's likely to go ahead.

Fingers crossed!

Cathy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear that your trip last year was cancelled. For the 19th October departure there are currently 11 travellers booked.

It hasn't been given the green light yet but as we can only take 20 travellers on this tour, the team are feeling quite positive at this stage.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Oh my word - I was going to leave it til after my trip to Namibia in May to book this but as its already over half full I guess I'll go ahead with it now. Thanks for asking the question Cathy and hope to see you there.
cathygarnz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear that your trip last year was cancelled. For the 19th October departure there are currently 11 travellers booked.

It hasn't been given the green light yet but as we can only take 20 travellers on this tour, the team are feeling quite positive at this stage.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Thanks for the info! All was not lost last year as I had a fantastic time on the Vietnam/Cambodia tour instead!!

That sounds a lot more positive for Cuba going ahead in October so I shall definitely be booking it!!

Cathy

cathygarnz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

Oh my word - I was going to leave it til after my trip to Namibia in May to book this but as its already over half full I guess I'll go ahead with it now. Thanks for asking the question Cathy and hope to see you there.

Hi Sally. I was also amazed that so many had already booked! I've now booked so looking forward to meeting you and and the rest of the group. Cathy

sallyc
(Member)
Julia

According to the website the October Cuba trip is fully booked so could I please ask the usual question re numbers / sex / age range?

Thanks

Sally

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally,

Yes, you are fully booked on this date.

There are 20 travellers heading to Cuba with Just You and the group is made up of 7 men and 13 women with ages from mid-40s through to mid-80s.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member)
Julia,

Can you please tell me the proposed flight times for this holiday (Gatwick to Havana and the return).

Got initial paperwork but it only has the internal flight details on the 22nd.

Booking ref - A******.

Its useful when deciding whether to book a overnight hotel.

Thanks

Mick

*Please note this post has been edited to remove booking information.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

The provisional flight times are depart London Gatwick 12:15hrs, return Gatwick 09:50hrs.

As usual, I have to mention that flight times are provisional and would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Mick

Dare I presume that means you are on the 19th Oct Cuba trip? It would be great to share a holiday and not just a Three Magpies meal!

Sally

Mick W
(Member)
Mick W
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Mick

Dare I presume that means you are on the 19th Oct Cuba trip? It would be great to share a holiday and not just a Three Magpies meal!

Sally

Hi Sally,

Yes decided to book it last week as saw it was filling up (now full I believe) so will look forward to meeting you again.

Looking at the provisional flight times will probably stay over at Gatwick night before.

Am actually in the 3 magpies next week (mon 20th) before "Walking in Tuscany", myself and 3 ladies that are on the trip are staying night before. Be in Pub around 7-15pm if you or anyone else local fancies joining us for a meal and couple of drinks.

Mick

Mick W
(Member)
Long way ahead I know but if anyone is staying over at Gatwick the night before there is currently a deal for £75 at the Hilton hotel which is connected to the terminal.

I've just booked through Expedia but same deal is on holiday extras.

There are cheaper hotels in the area but by the time you've paid for transfers it doesn't save anything so may aswell have the convenience of been next to the terminal.

Just train tickets to sort now, but they wont be available yet.

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Mick

Great news that you are coming to Cuba. Thanks for the offer of meeting before your Tuscany trip but although it was great to meet you and the others before the other trip I hadn't realised how depressed I would be the day after - thinking of you all off on your holidays whilst I was stuck at work! As I've got another six weeks to get through before my next adventure I think I'll protect my sanity.

I've been having a look at the various options for Gatwick and I think although not the cheapest, the best option for me is to drive and pay the two weeks car parking as I'm only 40 minutes away. It seems a long way off but I am watching with interest the political situation. Hopefully we've timed it just about right.

Enjoy Tuscany

Sally