Worldtraveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just been looking through the new brochure for next years holiday and there are hardly any going from Manchester direct are you likely to add more?. I am particularly looking at Canada and Rocky mountaineer. I see you do Canada in the fall but I do not want to do New York again. Please consider us 'up north' as it makes it so much more expensive and time consuming to travel down to Heathrow or Gatwick. Please pass on this request to the powers that be and maybe something can be done. Tricia
Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Just been looking through the new brochure for next years holiday and there are hardly any going from Manchester direct are you likely to add more?. I am particularly looking at Canada and Rocky mountaineer. I see you do Canada in the fall but I do not want to do New York again. Please consider us 'up north' as it makes it so much more expensive and time consuming to travel down to Heathrow or Gatwick. Please pass on this request to the powers that be and maybe something can be done. Tricia

Hi Tricia, I have passed your comments on to my colleagues. In regard to Canada & The Rocky Mountaineer, there are no airlines flying direct from Manchester to Calgary, so in this case the flight has to be indirect.

Thanks,

Tim

Margaret P
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Hi Tricia,

I have asked for more flights from Manchester a few times on my last just you holiday there was about half the group saying the same thing but nothing changes. I would have liked to go on the short break to Rome but its too expensive to travel down to Gatwick and stay in hotels before and after the holiday.

The other reason is that just you will only use british airways when there is flights from Manchester with Easy Jet and Monarch to Europe.

Margaret

JY Will
(Member)
'Margaret wrote:

'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Hi Tricia,

I have asked for more flights from Manchester a few times on my last just you holiday there was about half the group saying the same thing but nothing changes. I would have liked to go on the short break to Rome but its too expensive to travel down to Gatwick and stay in hotels before and after the holiday.

The other reason is that just you will only use british airways when there is flights from Manchester with Easy Jet and Monarch to Europe.

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

in response to requests for more Manchester flights we introduced 6 Manchester dedicated holidays in 2013 and increased that to 10 this year.

We always listen to customer feedback and act on it wherever we can.

Airlines like Easy Jet and Monarch operate in a very different way to airlines like BA and so working with group allocations can be problematic - we are doing our best to offer the maximum amount of choice I assure you.

Thanks

Will