DouglasL
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Lynda & Douglas,

This appears to be a problem with the system, you are both still flagged (along with some others) to receive this as soon as we are up and running properly again.

I can only apologise for the delay in getting these to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Still no questionnaire - do they really exist?? At least I see that my online review has now over 850 views.

Douglas.;)

DouglasL
(Member)

Tim,

I came back from my holiday on the 12th September and still have not received any questionnaire. Julia, did say that she was looking into this.

I assume that I am not going to get one, as we are now almost 5 weeks on? This was my first trip with JustYou - not impressed by this.

Douglas.

:rolleyes:

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DouglasL' wrote:

I came back from my holiday on the 12th September and still have not received any questionnaire.

Hi Douglas, I've just checked this for you - I understand that you were part of a group booking and we don't actually send out questionnaires for group bookings due to data protection issues. Apologies that you were given the impression that you would be receiving one.

Tim

DouglasL
(Member)
'Tim' wrote:

'DouglasL' wrote:

I came back from my holiday on the 12th September and still have not received any questionnaire.

Hi Douglas, I've just checked this for you - I understand that you were part of a group booking and we don't actually send out questionnaires for group bookings due to data protection issues. Apologies that you were given the impression that you would be receiving one.

Tim

Hi, Tim

Thank you for your prompt reply to my query about not receiving a questionnaire. However I regret that I cannot accept the reason you give that as I was part of a group booking, you are unable to send out a questionnaire because of data protection issues. I find this unbelievable and give you two main reasons.

One - I recently received in the post a copy of the 2014 Brochure. How can they use my postal address, which was not the address of the group organiser - because of data protection!!

Two - I also regularly receive JustYou marketing emails - again, why are these sent to my personal email address and not that of the group organiser??

Surely if these can be sent direct to me then why not a questionnaire, which should be more important to Just You, as it would give you my thoughts on my holiday.

I note that my review of my holiday on your website has now received over 1200 views - but I am not allowed to fill in a questionnaire.

It seems that you consider people, who have booked through a group, as second class clients but still want to get their repeat business!! You need to get this sorted out.

Regards,

Douglas.

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Douglas, for the Highlights of Tuscany tour you were on we would only have the contact details of the lead booker. Have you made a seperate booking/enquiry with us prior to this holiday? If you could please let me know your full name and address I can check this for you.

Thanks,

Tim

DouglasL
(Member)
'Tim' wrote:

Hi Douglas, for the Highlights of Tuscany tour you were on we would only have the contact details of the lead booker. Have you made a seperate booking/enquiry with us prior to this holiday? If you could please let me know your full name and address I can check this for you.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, Tim

No, I did not make any separate booking or enquiry prior to booking this holiday through the group organiser. In fact I had never heard of Just You Holidays.

As far as I can remember, I did not give any contact details direct to Just You - all was done through the organiser. However, once I had booked the holiday and paid for it to the organiser, I did discover the website and the Just You Community and registered online, so that I could ask some questions. All my booking confirmations etc came through the organiser and not direct from Just You.

I am getting more and more confused.

Douglas.

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DouglasL' wrote:

'Tim' wrote:

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, Tim

No, I did not make any separate booking or enquiry prior to booking this holiday through the group organiser. In fact I had never heard of Just You Holidays.

As far as I can remember, I did not give any contact details direct to Just You - all was done through the organiser. However, once I had booked the holiday and paid for it to the organiser, I did discover the website and the Just You Community and registered online, so that I could ask some questions. All my booking confirmations etc came through the organiser and not direct from Just You.

Douglas.

Hi Douglas - thanks for the info, let me check this and I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Tim

DouglasL
(Member)
'Tim' wrote:

'DouglasL' wrote:

'Tim' wrote:

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, Tim

Douglas.

Hi Douglas - thanks for the info, let me check this and I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Tim

Hi, Tim

Any update on my outstanding query about data protection? For your info, I received in the post yesterday a copy of the Discover magazine and also another marketing email about Christmas holidays. It seems that one department of Just You (Groups) is concerned about data protection, whilst other departments (Customer Services & Marketing) are rightly more interested in generating more business.

Douglas.

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Douglas, our system shows that you requested a Just You brochure via the website in July and therefore you would have received mailings from us since then.

Thanks,

Tim

DouglasL
(Member)
'Tim' wrote:

Hi Douglas, our system shows that you requested a Just You brochure via the website in July and therefore you would have received mailings from us since then.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, Tim

OK - reply noted. I did, as you say, request a brochure online. However it is frustrating that, as I was a "group booking", I cannot get access to the post tour questionnaire. Any clients comments are always important.

Douglas.

Puer aeternus
(Member)
I was most impressed that on returning home last thursday evening from my brilliant Tuscany Tour, waiting in the hall was a questionnaire! problem is, being the lazy %$^& I am, I have to admit I've not sent it back yet. 😞
LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Puer wrote:

I was most impressed that on returning home last thursday evening from my brilliant Tuscany Tour, waiting in the hall was a questionnaire! problem is, being the lazy %$^& I am, I have to admit I've not sent it back yet. :-(

Hi,

Pleased you had a great holiday. It's 6 weeks since my return and still no sign of mine, I'll be very surprised if it turns up now!

Best wishes

Lynda

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DouglasL' wrote:

'Tim' wrote:

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, Tim

OK - reply noted. I did, as you say, request a brochure online. However it is frustrating that, as I was a "group booking", I cannot get access to the post tour questionnaire. Any clients comments are always important.

Douglas.

Hi Douglas, I understand your frustration and can assure you we do value the opinions and feedback of all customers. I have brought this matter to the attention of my colleagues to see if this is something we can address going forward.

Thanks,

Tim

Bosuncat
(Member)
My questionnaire was on the doorstep when I got home from the Tuscany trip too. :thumbup:
Roger S
(Member)
Douglas,

Simple solution contact your group leader and get him/her to submit your comments.

Next time why not book yourself.

I didn't realise JY did do group booking I thought JY was for individuals not groups otherwise it would be Just Groups(JG).

Quite disappointed to find that there are group bookings on tours, I quite like the ethos of being an individual not a group. I am concerned that if there is group on a tour it will dominate and the individuals are left out in the cold or the tour is divided into 2 or more factions - not good for harmony.

Be interesting to have a comment by JY on this matter and their policy on group bookings.

Roger S

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger S

This year we knowingly took a single group booking for one of our Just You holidays (which Douglas was part of in fact) and I understand that other passengers that booked on this tour were consulted before the booking for the group was confirmed. We do try to take over an entire date where possible and if that is not an option we will speak to other travellers on the date.

However, where a group of travellers phone up an book independently of each other, there is no way for us to tell whether or not they know each other outside of their Just You holiday.

I hope this sheds some light.

Kindest regards,

Julia

DouglasL
(Member)
'Roger wrote:

Douglas,

Simple solution contact your group leader and get him/her to submit your comments.

Next time why not book yourself.

I didn't realise JY did do group booking I thought JY was for individuals not groups otherwise it would be Just Groups(JG).

Quite disappointed to find that there are group bookings on tours, I quite like the ethos of being an individual not a group. I am concerned that if there is group on a tour it will dominate and the individuals are left out in the cold or the tour is divided into 2 or more factions - not good for harmony.

Be interesting to have a comment by JY on this matter and their policy on group bookings.

Roger S

Hi, Roger

To answer a couple of your points. I did not realise that as I was part of a group I was being treated differently by Just You. Second, I have posted an online review and it has had a lot of people looking at it. I would just have made the same comments on any questionnaire.

I had never heard of Just You holidays before I went on the tour. However if I ever book again (and can save up enough bawbees) I will book myself. Our organiser who booked our small party (9 pax) did ask us to mix when we joined the tour and not go round as a group, which I did.

There were also, I think, at least 2 or 4 people on our tour, who seemed to know each other before and I think were travelling together - so where do you draw the line in the sand??

Douglas.;)