sim1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, just would like to ask how many people on the iceland trip dec 30th

2012 ages, and male to female ratio.

Also the new year meal/party/firework, at the pearl on the 31st, does it have any dress code?

Thanks

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your tour is fully booked with 44 fellow travellers, ages range from 32 to 84, with the male/female split being roughly 30/70.

The Pearl dress code is reasonably casual,

• For the gentlemen: Suit and tie or trousers with blazer jacket.

• For the ladies: Dress (long or short), suit or skirt with a top (gala dress is not required).

Please note that it is advisable to bring warm shoes, a scarf and gloves along for the Bonfire & Christmas Light Tour that can be kept in the wardrobe at Perlan Restaurant during dinner.

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

skaylong
(Guest)
Hi there

Does anyone have any idea on how much foreign currency to take. I realise that plastic is widely accepted but my bank charges high conversion rates and I'd also like to have some cash for coffees, etc. I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks x

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Skaylong

I've been to Iceland twice. The first time I took £200 which was not enough and the second £400 which was too much. If you charge all your drinks in the hotel to your room, you can pay by credit card on departure. which frees up cash for other things. Iceland is not cheap, so decide how much you want to spend per day and times it by length of stay.

Enjoy

Sylvia

Debzie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Can someone please tell me the luggage allowance for this? I am trying to work out which suitcase I'll need to bring... long story but I need to know now.

Thanks

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Debzie

Luggage allowance is normally included in your final documentation. Ben - is this correct? Failing that look on the airline's website.

Sylvia

Debzie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks but I won't get to see that until the weekend and need to know which case to pack before then... is it Iceland Air?

If so I'll try and work it out.

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Debzie

Luggage allowance is normally included in your final documentation. Ben - is this correct? Failing that look on the airline's website.

Sylvia

sim1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Debzie

Sylvia

I believe it is 23kg

skaylong
(Guest)
Thanks for the advice, Sylvia. Very much appreciated. And Debzie - yes. it's 23kg. S x
skaylong
(Guest)
Hmm... on examining the paperwork more closely it says both 20kg and 23kg....
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Skaylong.

I've checked my paperwork from previous trips and luggage allowance is 20kg. Icelandair website says 20kg for travel from Europe to Iceland and 23kg from Worldwide to Iceland. The second trip was with Iceland Express which was also 20kg.

Hope this helps and that it doesn't arrive on these pages too late!

Sylvia