Debzie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
In answer to the question, how late can you book, I now have the answer form the contact centre: apparently the number of places available on the website is not up-to-date so where it says places are available, this is not correct. This is irrespective of flights. Late deals are therefore not on offer!

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon,

I'm pleased the contact centre advisers could help answer your question, the way the websites work is that once a day around 6am we import all the dates, prices, etc into our database, this then doesn't get updated for another 24 hours due to the process taking around 8 hours to complete, this does mean that if a tour or date sells out during the next day, that reduction in availability will not be reflected on the websites until the next day, while I agree, its not an ideal system, its not usually a problem for tours with plenty of capacity but for tours that depart soon, or for cruises which are the exception also to this rule as they work differently(!) The websites are set up to, if availability is an issue, to display a form which allows you to fill in your contact details so a call can be returned to you and your requirements discussed with an adviser with access to live prices,

I hope this makes sense and sorry the websites weren't up to standard on this occasion,

Kindest,

Ben

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your reply, which is clear, but still doesn't seem to explain as to why one tour still says it has 2 places available when I was told on Tuesday that there was only one or why it will take my credit card details for a cruise when the contact centre has told me already no spaces are available! This is rather confusing so I think I might investigate travel agents on this occasion 🙂

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I'd suggest you just ring JY directly, I always book my holidays over the phone rather than using the website. This way you can ask all the questions you like about your booking and get up to date info!

All the best,

Bob

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I'd suggest you just ring JY directly, I always book my holidays over the phone rather than using the website. This way you can ask all the questions you like about your booking and get up to date info!

All the best,

Bob

I did thanks - that's how I got the info about the unfortunate lack of places.