hazelh
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Could you tell me what the level of walking will be like on this holiday? I've realised since I booked the holiday that Majorca is moutainous in the north - I have managed a couple of the mountains in the Lake District so how does it compare?

HazelH

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hazel

This holiday features walks at all three of our walking grades, from easy to strenuous. I've copied in the descriptions below.

I think if you have managed some of the tougher climbs in the Peak District you will be fine. I walked up Scafel Pike a few years ago and found that pretty hard work!

Our walks aren't intended to be a physical challenge - it's much more about enjoying the scenery and good company, though some walks are a little more demanding than others.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Grade 1 These are for anyone of any age. Plenty of rest stops and time to enjoy the local scenery with up to 4 hours walking a day, mostly on good paths but occasionally rough underfoot. Ascent less than 300m per day.

Grade 2 These are moderate, for anyone who is

comfortable walking hills. Still plenty of time to rest and enjoy the scenery, however up to 5 hours walking a day on slightly more rugged terrain. Ascent less than 500m per day.

Grade 3 These are more strenuous, for the more accomplished hill walker. More continuous stretches of trekking totalling about 5 hours a day, often in mountainous terrain where paths can be steep. Ascent up to 1000m per day.