Robb17
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Is anyone else booked on this tour including the Amritsar add on ?

Regards

Robb

Karenfb
(Member)
Hi,

I’m not booked on this holiday, but did it in December, so thought I’d give you a few tips in case they are useful.

Take a small case of bag that you can fit what you need in overnight as you won’t have your luggage every night, so a bag of suitable size is useful. A few places don’t allow video cameras (although you can use the video function on a normal camera or smart phone). A few places (like Sarnath) won’t allow you to take bags or mobile phones in, so it’s definitely helpful to have a ‘normal’ camera with you as well.

I’d take some hand gel, preferably an anti-viral one, not just anti-bacterial as most are - Boots do an own brand one. We had lots of travelling and meals in boxes (from hotels) or at odd times so a few snacks to have with you would be handy. Beware of the cold. It might be warmer than a month ago but we were very cold as it was the coldest winter in 100 years. Plus travelling on open jeep in Ranthambore is very cold! Better to take a few layers. Don’t wear white/cream to visit the Taj Mahal as you’ll blend in with it!

I hope you enjoy it.

Robb17
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Robb

Oqj21h
(Member)
'Karenfb' wrote:

Hi,

I’m not booked on this holiday, but did it in December, so thought I’d give you a few tips in case they are useful.

Take a small case of bag that you can fit what you need in overnight as you won’t have your luggage every night, so a bag of suitable size is useful. A few places don’t allow video cameras (although you can use the video function on a normal camera or smart phone). A few places (like Sarnath) won’t allow you to take bags or mobile phones in, so it’s definitely helpful to have a ‘normal’ camera with you as well.

I’d take some hand gel, preferably an anti-viral one, not just anti-bacterial as most are - Boots do an own brand one. We had lots of travelling and meals in boxes (from hotels) or at odd times so a few snacks to have with you would be handy. Beware of the cold. It might be warmer than a month ago but we were very cold as it was the coldest winter in 100 years. Plus travelling on open jeep in Ranthambore is very cold! Better to take a few layers. Don’t wear white/cream to visit the Taj Mahal as you’ll blend in with it!

I hope you enjoy it.

Good info, thank you. When did you find out about not having luggage every night? I guess that's before the early starts?