Alyson
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello!

This is my first time travelling with JY and was just wondering who else has booked this trip the same time I have?

Pompeii has been one of the places I've always wanted to visit and am really looking forward to it, particularly after reading through the reviews on here.

Look forward to hearing from you fellow travellers!

Alyson x

SammyJay
(Member)
Hi Alyson

I’m considering booking on this holiday, just got to sort out my holiday at work. Might see you there.

Sam x

TheresaJane
(Member)
Hi 

I am all booked and looking forward to my trip to Italy... its a special celebration gift to myself... my 50th which is in July but I am treating myself to this holiday in September..... I am really looking forward to a new adventure in life and meeting some like minded people to enjoy the time with.... 

See you there and look forward to finding out more about my fellow travel companions... 

Theresa

TheresaJane
(Member)
Hi 

I am all booked for this trip on the 26th September.... a special trip as a treat for my 50th to myself !!! Really looking forward to discovering new places and meeting new people.... T

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi TheresaJane

I celebrated my 49th birthday on the Pompeii tour in 2015. Thanks to the wonderful JY TM Michelle and the staff at our hotel, I had a surprise birthday cake (complete with candles) at the top of Mount Vesuvius! You should have seen the expressions on the faces of other people climbing to the top and seeing us sitting there scoffing chocolate cake! Hilarious!

I only topped it the following year for my 50th by climbing to the summit of Ma′unga Terevaka on Easter Island on the morning of my birthday - but even then I didn't have cake!

Have a lovely birthday and a super holiday

All the best

Mandy

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello! Sorry for delayed reply!

Sammy, have you booked?

Theresa, looking forward to meeting you and celebrating your fiftieth! Its mine next year so you can give me some tips on how it's done! Which airport are you flying from?

Best wishes

Alyson

TheresaJane
(Member)
'Alyson' wrote:

Hello!  Sorry for delayed reply!

Sammy, have you booked?

Theresa, looking forward to meeting you and celebrating your fiftieth! Its mine next year so you can give me some tips on how it's done!  Which airport are you flying from?

Best wishes

Alyson

Hi Alyson

Do it in style.... I am sure we can explore ideas for you on our trip.... I am really looking forward to meeting you and so good to chat on here first... Where in the country are you based... I'm near Windsor so flying from Gatwick.

Sammy did you book??? 

Excited and looking forward to new friendships 

Theresa (TJ)

TheresaJane
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi TheresaJane

I celebrated my 49th birthday on the Pompeii tour in 2015. Thanks to the wonderful JY TM Michelle and the staff at our hotel, I had a surprise birthday cake (complete with candles) at the top of Mount Vesuvius! You should have seen the expressions on the faces of other people climbing to the top and seeing us sitting there scoffing chocolate cake! Hilarious!

I only topped it the following year for my 50th by climbing to the summit of Ma′unga Terevaka on Easter Island on the morning of my birthday - but even then I didn't have cake!

Have a lovely birthday and a super holiday

All the best

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Sounds awesome and memorable which is what I am hoping for... sounds like a JustYou holiday is a lot of fun...

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Theresa!

Lovely to hear back from you!

I'm coming from Kent so will also be travelling from Gatwick. I'm thinking of booking one of the airport lounges before the flight, (never to early for a prosecco!!) Do you know roughly what time we're flying? I have it in my head that it's around 7.30am but can't find where I read that??

It seems such a long time ago that I booked this trip and now it's looming up! Beginning to feel very excited too! Pompeii has been on my "things to do before I die" list for such a long time!

Sammy???? ???

Keep chatting!

Alyson x

TheresaJane
(Member)
'Alyson' wrote:

Hi Theresa!

Lovely to hear back from you!

I'm coming from Kent so will also be travelling from Gatwick. I'm thinking of booking one of the airport lounges before the flight, (never to early for a prosecco!!)  Do you know roughly what time we're flying? I have it in my head that it's around 7.30am but can't find where I read that??

It seems such a long time ago that I booked this trip and now it's looming up! Beginning to feel very excited too! Pompeii has been on my "things to do before I die" list for such a long time!

Sammy???? ???

Keep chatting!

Alyson x

Hi Alyson

No idea what time we are flying but feel it might be an am flight might have seen that on the pre-book information before booking...  but know its only 50 days to go as of today ..... I have booked myself into the lounge too... upgraded my flight and room to make the most of it.... perhaps if you book the lounge we can meet in there.... 

Are we the only two flying out .... this page very quiet.... I am pleased that we will have each other to talk to as a good start to the holiday.... 

Have you booked any of the excursions? I have booked Capri, Mount Vesuvius and Amalfi Tour , thought I would spend my days not on excursions relaxing or exploring the area. 

Hope you are well 

T (Theresa)

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Theresa,

Lounge booked!  How do you go about upgrading room/flight? Is it a lot more extra? What do the upgrades give you?

I've booked all of the excursions and will try and explore in between them. I think we have a few evenings whereby we have to organise ourselves food wise so figured that would give the opportunity to get out and about a bit.

I was hoping that by popping this message on originally that a lot of people would get in touch. I've been checking the other forums in case someone has started a new one but I haven't found anything. Maybe closer to the time others will come on board??  Lovely to be talking to you though. 🙂

45 days to go!!

Speak soon

Alyson x

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alyson

Don't worry about finding food options in the evenings on your tour. The cathedral square is a two minute walk from the hotel and there are many cafes and restaurants there. I particularly remember a nice pizza/pasta place on one corner of the square. I can't remember the name but it was on the left hand corner if you are standing with your back to the cathedral.

There are also a nice selection of restaurants on the Via Roma which is the street that leads off the square to the ruins themselves (This is also the street where you will find the best gelatoria in Pompeii - De Vivo 😛  ) The hotel is really centrally situated so everything is within easy walking distance.

Have a super and don't forget to try the chair lift to Monte Salaro on Capri. The views are quite spectacular.

All the best

Mandy

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hi wrote:

Hi Alyson

Don't worry about finding food options in the evenings on your tour. The cathedral square is a two minute walk from the hotel and there are many cafes and restaurants there. I particularly remember a nice pizza/pasta place on one corner of the square. I can't remember the name but it was on the left hand corner if you are standing with your back to the cathedral.

There are also a nice selection of restaurants on the Via Roma which is the street that leads off the square to the ruins themselves (This is also the street where you will find the best gelatoria in Pompeii - De Vivo 😛  ) The hotel is really centrally situated so everything is within easy walking distance.

Have a super and don't forget to try the chair lift to Monte Salaro on Capri. The views are quite spectacular.

All the best

Mandy

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alyson

Happy to help. I've been using JY (and formerly Page & Moy) for the last ten years. I've been very lucky and been on some fantastic trips including America's Golden West, Inspirational China, Iceland, Rome, Ireland, Eastern Canada, US National Parks, Ultimate Alaska (my favourite so far), Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer (a close second) and ofcourse the Pompeii tour. I've also been to Easter Island a couple of times (the first was completely on my own, before JY offered it as an add-on to the Chile tour)

My next one will be Ecuador and the Galapagos in March next year - very excited about extending my famous fridge magnet collection on that one!

Have an amazing time in Pompeii - Herculaneum is also really special. I hope you have Michelle as your TM and get Laura as your local guide because she's the third generation of a family of local guides and will make sure you get the very best experience - even if she has to manhandle bus drivers and other tour guides out of your way to do it - she's absolutely fearless!

All the best

Mandy

TheresaJane
(Member)
Hi Alyson

The upgrade gave me the lounge, business class flight and for the room one with a view I was told.... we will see... So pleased you are booked into the Lounge now I will have someone to start the celebrations with... ~I did all my upgrades via JustYou on the telephone when I booked it... I think the room was approx and extra £100 and the flight was something similar I think... give them a call they are really helpful. I am planning on calling them again this week to find out flight times so I can book my car into the airport.

I've just been getting the last of my holiday clothes shopping done... cant remember the last time I had a proper summer holiday think it was around 5 or 6 years ago so very excited on this one even bought myself a new SD card for my camera lol.

Thanks to Mandy and her advice the chair lift sounds like a lot of fun in Capri. I have a colleague who is just in Almalfi at the moment so looking forward to her recommendations for when she gets back....

Only 6 weeks now....

Catch up soon

Theresa

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Theresa,

Now we're truly in the countdown! Suddenly thinking I should start doing some holiday shopping too!

Has your friend come back from Amalfi yet? What did she think/recommends seeing/doing?

I run through all the Pompeii messages on the forum again this evening but still couldn't find anyone who is going the same time as us. Maybe we are the only ones????!!!!! ??

Speak soon

Alyson x

TheresaJane
(Member)
Hello anyone out there.... only 3 weeks to go and getting very excited just hoping I'm not on my own as this thread is very quite.....

T

TheresaJane
(Member)
Hi Alyson

Yes we might be but then I think we will have fun .... when I spoke to one of the customer services team a few weeks ago they told me that there were 23 of us on the trip 3 of us in our age range and the rest older.... 2 guys and the rest ladies....

I got my email today with all the details so now really on count down. I'm aiming to get to the lounge for about 4ish as it doesnt open till 4am anyway so want to make sure I get good use of it....

I am almost all shopped out just ordered another top and a new pair of white trousers for the evening.

Looking forward to meeting you new friend....

T

TheresaJane
(Member)
PS seeing my work colleague on Friday so will have updates on Almalfi then,,,,,

T x

Alyson
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Theresa,

Sorry for delayed reply!

Can you believe that this time next week we'll be thinking about wandering to Gatwick??!! I'm nowhere near organised at all. I've finally got round to getting a new suitcase as my old one died last year but will need to start digging around for my passport very soon!!

I received the email too but haven't had the luggage tags yet. Have you?

How did your friend like Almalfi?

I had the same idea re: arrival timings for the lounge. Never to early to start toasting a special birthday!

Looking forward to meeting you too!

Speak soon

Alyson x