Chuckles
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone recently been on this tour & would you recommend it, also any tips? 🙂
SusieB
(Member)
'Chuckles' wrote:

Has anyone recently been on this tour & would you recommend it, also any tips? :)

Hi Chuckles

What a pity no one has responded to your post. I have thought about this tour too and would also welcome recommendations and tips.

Hope somebody else will see this and respond now.

Sue

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I think this is a fairly new holiday and you need to bear in mind that not everyone who goes on a JY holiday takes part in the Forum. Perhaps if Amy were to move this post to "Say hello", where it should have been in the first place, someone will spot it and reply but don't hold your breath.
evelynj
(Member)
Hi Chuckles and Sue

I did this holiday last March.There was about 15 of us all ladies and Simon the tour manager who was excellent.

The hotel was not very busy and all inclusive food and drink was good and plenty of sun beds available. I was allocated a ground floor room with what I thought would be my own outside space but it was a communal patio area which I personally didn't like. The bath was also very high to get into. I switched to a first floor room overlooking the pool area with a walk in shower which was great.

I would certainly recommend and if I went again I would certainly do the extension as there is so much to see on the optional excursions organised by the hotel. I wish I had done the extension but when I booked only one other person had booked the extension but there ended up being 3.

If you ask Amy she can let you know what the optional excursions are as someone requested this information last year and when I saw it I instantly regretted not booking the extension.

Hope this helps.

Eve

Jane232
(Member)
'evelynj' wrote:

Hi Chuckles and Sue

I did this holiday last March.There was about 15 of us all ladies and Simon the tour manager who was excellent.

The hotel was not very busy and all inclusive food and drink was good and plenty of sun beds available. I was allocated a ground floor room with what I thought would be my own outside space but it was a communal patio area which I personally didn't like. The bath was also very high to get into.  I switched to a first floor room overlooking the pool area with a walk in shower which was great.

I would certainly recommend and  if I went again I would certainly do the extension as there is so much to see on the optional excursions organised by the hotel.  I wish I had done the extension but when I booked only one other person had booked the extension but there ended up being 3.

If you ask Amy she can let you know what the optional excursions are as someone requested this information last year and when I saw it I instantly regretted not booking the extension.

Hope this helps.

Eve

Hi Eve,

Thanks this is a very useful review. I am thinking about this holiday but Trip Advisor reviews of the hotel have put me off. However you are saying it is nice. Many of the reviews spoke about dirty rooms, small pool and not good food. It would be good to be reassured that these are not typical views. I cannot find any Just You reviews of this holiday which is rather concerning me.

evelynn
(Member)
Hi

This hotel is also used by Saga Holidays. In fact the majority of guests were Saga and Just You. I agree that the pool is small but I found the food good and the rooms clean.

There are several Blue Marlin resorts and wonder if you looked at the Scottburgh one as overall the reviews are good.

One thing that has changed is that it is not now all inclusive which will add to the cost of the holiday.  I suspect Just You clients drank too much!

Everyone on my trip enjoyed it. 

Eve