Pat M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I have booked my first holiday with JY & am off to New York on September 29th. I am so excited, as I've wanted to visit the "Big Apple" for quite a while. I have travelled on my own to  Plymouth, Portsmouth, & several fantastic  trips to London, but I felt I needed a helping hand for a trip to New York. I was wondering how many travellers will be joining me on this holiday. I do love the theatre, & had a great time last May in London when I saw Sunset Boulevard, Dr Faustus, saw Kit Harrington,& wished him luck, Mrs Henderson Presents, & Kinky Boots. So I would be interested to know if anyone was keen to see a show on or off Broadway?  Hope I haven't babbled on too long for my first message. All the best & happy travels to everyone. Pat M
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pat

Welcome you will have a great time in NY I have been twice with JY, and I am going independently in May, you can get cheaper tickets from the ticket booths, I saw Beauty and the beast, with Donny Osmond a few years ago, so Inhooe you manage to see a show, there is so much to see and do, so do it all...independantley while away with JY I have booked before hand and been over to Ellis Island and Staue if Liberty, and also had a tour round 9/11 and visited a few local museums including a Jewish museum which was really interesting. HAve fun any questions just ask.

Cindy

Robert D
(Member)
'Pat M' wrote:

Hi I have booked my first holiday with JY & am off to New York on September 29th. I am so excited, as I've wanted to visit the "Big Apple" for quite a while. I have travelled on my own to  Plymouth, Portsmouth, & several fantastic  trips to London, but I felt I needed a helping hand for a trip to New York. I was wondering how many travellers will be joining me on this holiday. I do love the theatre, & had a great time last May in London when I saw Sunset Boulevard, Dr Faustus, saw Kit Harrington,& wished him luck, Mrs Henderson Presents, & Kinky Boots. So I would be interested to know if anyone was keen to see a show on or off Broadway?  Hope I haven't babbled on too long for my first message. All the best & happy travels to everyone. Pat M

Hi Pat

I am in the same position as you. First holiday with JY and first time in New York on the same trip. I am really looking forward to it as I have been wanting to go to NY for a while but did not really know what to expect and I saw what JY was doing and its exactly what I have been wanting to do so I think it will be a really good time.

Pat M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Robert D' wrote:

'Pat M' wrote:

Hi Pat

I am in the same position as you. First holiday with JY and first time in New York on the same trip. I am really looking forward to it as I have been wanting to go to NY for a while but did not really know what to expect and I saw what JY was doing and its exactly what I have been wanting to do so I think it will be a really good time.

Pat M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Robert D' wrote:

'Pat M' wrote:

Hi Pat

Hi Robert

Sorry for delay responding I'm new to all this. Thank you for your reply. I do love the buzz of the big city, & have been down to London on my own several times, mainly to go to the theatre. Of course there's so much else to see & I certainly get my money's worth museums. art galleries etc. One thing I would dearly love to visit  is Brooklyn Bridge. So if I could tackle the Subway that would be "icing on the cake" for me! Also a Broadway show maybe.We must try to contain our excitement 'til September. All the best have a good Easter Pat M

turnke
(Member)
Pat,Try Playbill.com, they often have discounts on Broadway shows and the advantage is you can choose the performance.It avoids the queue at Tkts, where there is no seating choice,and tickets are for day of performance only.

Keith

Donna1
(Member)
Hi Pat and Robert,

I just thought I would quickly reply as I went to NYC last September with JY and it was my first trip with JY and my first time to NYC so just like you both.

I have always wanted to go there and I really enjoyed it.  You will find my review and other people's reviews on the review page.  Some went last month and their review shows their trip was quite similar to mine with a few small differences which I think comes from different tour managers but overall the same.

I hope you both really enjoy yourselves, it is a jam packed weekend and only downside I felt was it wasn't long enough I wish it had been at least 1 day longer.

I'm currently booked to go to Arizona in October this year and I'm looking at the Great Eastern USA tour for next year which incorporates 3 nights in NYC.

As a tip, if you want a nice bar, the hotel next door (to the left as you look at your hotel) has a roof top bar you can go to, nicer than the German bar just down the road and a bit cheaper...the hotel we stay in doesn't have a bar (but I think the write up says it does).

By the way Brooklyn Bridge is right by the helicopter rides so if you go on that you could get to the bridge quite easily after and only have to worry about one trip, or after the morning tour ask to get off coach with the helicopter ride people instead of being taking back to the hotel...

I hope you both enjoy your holiday, I'm feeling quite jealous as I can't wait to go back.

Donna

Robert D
(Member)
Thanks for your replies Donna and Keith, its always nice to read other people experiences and tips for the trip. It gives a good idea of what to expect and where to go and such. Although everyone does experience different things at times, but as long as they are similar in ways then we can plan ahead even more.

I would also like to go and see a Broadway show in NY at times, I have been down to London a few times to see some and even up here in Sheffield as well when they go on tour. I'm not sure what to see yet as I don't know whats on as new ones come and go all the time that might be worth seeing but we'll see on the day.

Gerry133
(Member)
Hi Pat and Donna I put a Review on for NY as I went in March 17.  I had a lovely time have a read its under Gerry133. Just You were great and looked after us all the step of the way.
JohnnyC
(Member)
Hi, another newbie here - in all respects, first solo holiday, first time with JY and first time to New York. I’ve always wanted to visit but never had anyone to go with, so I’ve finally plucked up the courage to ‘go it alone’ (with the help of JY of course!)

Hello to Pat and Robert as I see you’re both on the same trip - September 29th!

Johnny