steffiec
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Any feed back on Namibia.  I have never done a solo holiday but no one else wants to come with me and I do not want to let that stop me.  Also, I cannot see anywhere in brochure if there is a cap on group number?

Thanks for any feedback /replies coming my way

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome to you Steffie

I have not been on this tour but I have been travelling with JY since 2006, have you looked in the review section to see if anybody has left one.

Group size does vary depending on the sort of tour. If you have a date in mind you can post in the editors board the date and tour your interested in, they might be able to tell you group size, age M/F ratio etc..

I hope someone who has been on the tour will leave you an answer

Good Luck

Cindy

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Steffie

This Tour is on my wish list and I believe it's one of the best tours JY do, group numbers do vary and mainly depends on single room availability but its usually around 20 something, as Cindy says you can ask our editor how many are booked on dates which you are interested in and go from there, if this is your dream holiday then don't let anything stand in your way and i'm sure you'll get feedback from previous travellers of this tour very shortly

all the best

Dave

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this tour in May 2015 and had a fantastic time - it is one of my favourite holidays of all time!  Here is a link to the review I wrote:

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-79825.html?highlight=Namibia 

This is quite a small group size and I would think the max would be about 25 and possibly smaller than this.  Any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  Go for it, you won't regret it!

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steffie

When I did the Namibia holiday in 2015 there were about 22 of us, but one Group who went last year consisted of only 9 people. So numbers do vary. I can thoroughly recommend Namibia. If you do decide to book, then I can guarantee you a wonderful time. There are reviews of this holiday in the 'review' section which may interest you.

Jaya

sallyc
(Member)
Steffie

Have a look at the links below for reviews of the trip. I was on the trip with Bob (BGray) and can confirm everything he said. The second link is a very, very detailed review - a bit like a diary. If you would rather have some surprises, stick with just the first one. If you would like the reassurance of knowing what you are doing at each point every day then the second one is for you.

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-71364.html?highlight=Namibia 

I'm sure you will have an amazing trip.

Sally

TomC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I did this tour in May 2015 and had a fantastic time - it is one of my favourite holidays of all time!  Here is a link to the review I wrote:

This is quite a small group size and I would think the max would be about 25 and possibly smaller than this.  Any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  Go for it, you won't regret it!

All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob, thinking of doing this trip. How arduous is the Uk to Namibia travel. I have been trying to go business class recently but JY are quoting a price that would double the cost of the holiday. What are your thoughts on a big guy going Economy. Tom.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tom,

I have mixed views on this to be honest!  I'm average height but I'm not skinny!  The flights are with South African Airways via Johannesburg and the main flight from London on the way out was fine, as was the connection to Windhoek.  On the way back from Jo'burg to London, we were in an older plane and I didn't find the seat very comfortable but I survived!  I went to South Africa a few years previously and also flew SAA and all flights were fine, so perhaps we were just a bit unfortunate on the way back from Namibia.  Having said that, I would never pay the price of an upgrade, as to me it is around the cost of another holiday!  However, if you are very tall then perhaps it might be a consideration.  At the end of the day, Namibia is one of my favourite holidays and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  If you don't want to pay for an upgrade, you could request an aisle seat or even try for one on the emergency exit rows where you would have extra leg room - JY mightn't be able to guarantee it but you could always get to the airport early and request it at check in.

Hope this helps!

Bob

TomC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Thanks wrote:

Hi Tom,

I have mixed views on this to be honest!  I'm average height but I'm not skinny!  The flights are with South African Airways via Johannesburg and the main flight from London on the way out was fine, as was the connection to Windhoek.  On the way back from Jo'burg to London, we were in an older plane and I didn't find the seat very comfortable but I survived!  I went to South Africa a few years previously and also flew SAA and all flights were fine, so perhaps we were just a bit unfortunate on the way back from Namibia.  Having said that, I would never pay the price of an upgrade, as to me it is around the cost of another holiday!  However, if you are very tall then perhaps it might be a consideration.  At the end of the day, Namibia is one of my favourite holidays and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  If you don't want to pay for an upgrade, you could request an aisle seat or even try for one on the emergency exit rows where you would have extra leg room - JY mightn't be able to guarantee it but you could always get to the airport early and request it at check in.

Hope this helps!

Bob

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi Tom,

I did this trip the same time as Bob and although I don't want to put a downer on the holiday as it was fantastic, I found the seating on SAA extremely tight. I'm 6 foot and weigh 12 stone and found that if I dropped anything on the floor I could not bend down to pick it up. I would do as Bob suggests, go for an isle seat so at least you can stretch one leg and get out easily to walk up and down. The internal flights were no problem. As I say don't let it put you off the holiday as it is well worth a little bit of inconvenience.

Regards,

Roger

TomC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RogertheRed' wrote:

Hi Tom,

I did this trip the same time as Bob and although I don't want to put a downer on the holiday as it was fantastic, I found the seating on SAA extremely tight. I'm 6 foot and weigh 12 stone and found that if I dropped anything on the floor I could not bend down to pick it up. I would do as Bob suggests, go for an isle seat so at least you can stretch one leg and get out easily to walk up and down. The internal flights were no problem. As I say don't let it put you off the holiday as it is well worth a little bit of inconvenience.

Regards,

Roger

Thanks for that Roger, think it was your photos that persuaded me to go for Namibia. Regards Tom.

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi Tom,

I would love to take credit for the photos but it was the other Roger who was on the same trip.

Regards,

Roger.