Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Unfortunately not everyone behaves like a sensible adult when travelling with other people. Like Bob, I do not like sitting at the back of the coach as I do suffer from travel sickness, but I would never 'hog' the front seat where I feel more comfortable. I do not mind if the front seat is taken by someone like Dyuti, but I do mind when people leave their bags on the seats to reserve them and do not co-operate. Sometimes there are not enough seats on the coach for everyone to sit by themselves, so there will be occasions when you do have to sit next to someone else despite liking your own space. When I did the Kerala trip, the TM was adamant about seat rotation and no one minded. On other tours TM just asks everyone to rotate so everyone gets a chance to sit at the front if they so wish. It is nice if people rotate at dinner as it gives you a chance to talk to different people, but again it does not bother me if there are a few who do not like to rotate and sit with the same people they know. At the end of the day it is their loss, not mine. In my opinion one has to try and be flexible depending on the situation instead of being selfish, especially when travelling with a group.

Regards

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
I don't do the long haul trips, so I suppose it doesn't matter so much to me.  Only a couple of years back I preferred to sit at the back of a coach, because with my sciatica, unless there was a full party it gave me a little more chance to stretch my back whilst travelling.  I didn't expect it though.  Since I have had to use my walking stick all the time though for stability whilst walking, it's easier for me to sit towards the front for getting off.  Again I would not take it as read, but I do find it difficult to exit on the steep steps through the middle exit.    I would however take it as read that someone with hearing problems would need to sit at the front.  The TM should have made a point of reserving the seat at the front for the person in question. 

Rotating tables isn't a problem for me and I try to do it as much as possible.