aestivus
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone, 

I'm a 32-year-old Australian who moved to the UK in June - I'm currently facing my first Christmas away from my family, and so I would really like to travel rather than sit around in London and feel sorry for myself! Being potentially the youngest in a group doesn't bother me at all; I'd rather be the youngest than join an 18-35 year old party tour! 

I'm trying to decide between the Paphos trip and the Lake Bled one. Very different, I know! I'm not sure whether I should go for the more traditional 'cold' Christmas, or whether I will be desperate for some sunlight by then! I have done a winter christmas before (in Prague, some years ago), so it's not completely 'new' to me, but... well. I'm having difficulty deciding!

Has anyone been on either of those trips? Anyone going this year? I'd love to hear some thoughts!

Thank you, 

Louise

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Louise

I spent last Christmas in Paphos (not with JY).  The climate was just right, hot and sunny and the harbour at Paphos was wonderful for people watching. Claret Bay is fab but many of the cafes at the Bay were shut although they were open in the town.  Paphos Old Town is also great to visit but again shut on Boxing Day.  However, knowing JY as I do they will make sure that everyone has a great time.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Louise

I've spent many a Christmas in hot and cold countries. For me, it is magical to go somewhere where there is snow and mountains but at the same time, it is also nice to spend Christmas in the sunshine and wearing t-shirts!

I went to Lake Bled at Christmas time in 2012 - fog, cold and sunshine - no snow. Last year I was walking in the sunshine in eastern Algarve and this year I shall be visiting Switzerland.

I think really the choice of where you go is up to you. What I will say is whatever you decide this year, you can do the other next year.....

Regards

Sylvia