mlesleyk
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone doing national parks and Mount Rushmore in sept. I just booked it
Endacksi@aol.com
(Member)
'mlesleyk' wrote:

Is anyone doing national parks and Mount Rushmore in sept.  I just booked it

Hi. Yes. I've done it before and it is an amazing trip. The only holiday I have ever repeated. The scenery is stunning throughout the trip. Cowboy country all the way. Do the monument valley drive which is very dusty and bumpy but so beautiful and the flight over the Grand Canyon. Hate the term awesome normally but it is. Don't book the downtown Las Vegas/salt lake package or the Las Vegas by night tour as our hotel is on the strip and you can walk them all much quicker than in a bus with 40 people.

mlesleyk
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Endacksi@aol.com' wrote:

'mlesleyk' wrote:

Hi. Yes. I've done it before and it is an amazing trip. The only holiday I have ever repeated. The scenery is stunning throughout the trip. Cowboy country all the way. Do the monument valley drive which is very dusty and bumpy but so beautiful and the flight over the Grand Canyon. Hate the term awesome normally but it is. Don't book the downtown Las Vegas/salt lake package or the Las Vegas by night tour as our hotel is on the strip and you can walk them all much quicker than in a bus with 40 people.

Wow, it must be good if you booked  it twice! I already booked the package before I read your post but ive been to Las Vegas before so I wasn't that bothered, it was just something to do!!

mlesleyk
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Endacksi@aol.com' wrote:

'mlesleyk' wrote:

Wow, it must be good if you booked  it twice! I already booked the package before I read your post but ive been to Las Vegas before so I wasn't that bothered, it was just something to do!!

DavidG
(Member)
This was my second-best tour with JY after Australia. I had been to the Grand Canyon before, but it never fails to amaze. However, the other sights you will see are equally amazing, all being very different. Rather disappointed with Monument Valley - no John Wayne riding through! I jest, amazing sight.

I agree with the comments re the excursions to Salt Lake City (nothing there apart from the Mormon temple) and Las Vegas by night. I have been to LV twice with JY on different tours and the first time the traffic was so bad that we spent most of the time trying to find somewhere to park. Much better to walk and take in all of the displays and lights.

Holiday so good that is likely to be the only that I too will repeat!