Deborahwarcup
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm thinking of doing Discover Vietnam later this year but as it's my first time travelling alone I'm apprehensive as to what to expect - will people will be friends y, will I ha e others to go about with during free time and most importantly will I have plenty of fun?

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Deborah

I would suggest you have a look at what people have written ie on the reviews etc.

I have not been On The Vietnam tour, but I have been on 11 JY tours far and wide, started travelling in 2006. The type of tour I pick are action packed and your out and about all day seeing stuff...most tours I do you only get breakfast so look at the write up as if not all food is included you need to take money for food.

What to expect...go with an open mind do take in board it takes two people to have a conversation, someone has to make the first move.

Will people be friendly...like any group,of people there will be people you will bond with others perhaps not. I will say I have met so many great people on my travels and had great fun and laughs along the way.

Will you have fun...I would be VERY surprised if you didn't

Free time and company...free time can vary ..as time goes on and you get on with people then people do buddy up and spend free time together..or some people like being alone..I am happy in a group or by myself, on the USA tours I normally have an agenda of things I want to see so I am happy on my own or if someone wants to tag along that's fine.

Any other questions just ask...

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah,

I think Cindy has answered your questions and I agree with what she has said. I've been on 11 JY tours over the last 6 years and have always found at least a couple of people to go around with, to eat with (when meals aren't included) and so on. I always go on tour with an open mind; I don't go to make new friends but to see the places on the itinerary - having said that I have met many lovely people on JY tours and keep in touch with lots and have even planned to go on further tours with some of them. JY has opened up a whole new world of travel for me and is the best thing I've done in many years!

I did this tour three years ago and loved it. Here's a link to my review:

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-56294.html 

I hope you decide to book and have a wonderful time,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah

Yes, people will be friendly and you will have lots of fun. So go ahead and book the trip. I can assure you that you will want to book another Just You holiday on your return.

Jaya