RAW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Found out that either VOD rep or Swan Hellenic rep will meet us in Barbados and transfers are organised to and from the Hilton. On checkout we probably will not get to board Voyager until 1500. I am staying in the Hampton by Hilton on the 21 Apr.

Ruth

smithtique
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

Hi All

I am also on this cruise and will be flying from Gatwick on the 25th with BA. Just hoping that the Thomas Cook return flight will have the 23kg weight allowance as confirmed by JY in another thread or else I will have to unpack at the airport and wear some of it! Looking forward to meeting you all on board.

BB

Hi BB,  I queried the baggage allowance on this flight on "ask the editor" and Monty has confirmed that we will have the additional baggage allowance of 23kg on the Thomas Cook flight.   Sue

smithtique
(Member)
'MARGARET GRIFFITHS' wrote:

'smithtique' wrote:

Hi, I’m on this cruise too, flying from Gatwick on a Virgin flight.  I’m also staying at the Holiday Inn the night before.  When I originally enquired with VoD I was told there may be more than one JY rep with the cruise, there were 70-ish people booked then.  Now that this number has doubled it’s a lot of holidaymakers for one or even 2 reps to manage.  I have been on one JY holiday before in 2014, wasn’t impressed and thought I would never use them again.  This cruise tempted me, seems good value for money, with ports of call that I want to visit.  So, I decided to give JY another go.  I’m used to travelling on my own but I do think that a good rep/tour manager can enhance the experience.

Looking forward to meeting you all in Barbados.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Am also booked into the Holiday Inn prior to the Virgin flight to Barbados. See you there perhaps. Will try and get to the hotel mid to late afternoon.  Looking forward to it all now.

Margaret

Hi Margaret,  I'm really looking forward to this trip too, especially as the final details have now arrived.  I may not arrive at the hotel until early evening but perhaps next week I can pm you my mobile and we can meet in the bar for a drink.     Sue

MARGARET GRIFFITHS
(Member)
Hi Sue,

A drink in the bar in the evening sounds like a good way to start the holiday! I'm sure we'll find each other. There might be other JY holiday makers staying the night too.

Can't wait now.

smithtique
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi All,

If anyone is interested in receiving Margaret's email address, please let me know and I will be happy to email this over to you.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty,  I would be grateful to receive Margaret Griffiths email address as we are staying in the same hotel the night before the flight to Barbados for the Voyager cruise.  Many thanks, Sue

(Member)
Hi,

Margaret and Sue, I have dropped you both an email with each others details.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Orontes
(Member)
:huh: Hi all,

It would be really interesting to learn if you enjoyed your cruise!

ghestem
(Member)
'Orontes' wrote:

I am really surprised that no one has reviewed this holiday. It was a great deal!

The ship was full of 'Just You' ladies travelling alone. I was one of them. The reason it was such good value was because it had 9 sea days and only 5 port days. The Crew therefore organised a lot of activities. I laughed, danced and sang (in the choir). For me, it was just what I needed. I am still smiling when I think about it. I laughed so much my stomach hurt. I have never seen the Captain of a ship entertain us before - he even played an electric guitar!

The crew were excellent and we were looked after very well. I would definitely go again.  😃

Orontes
(Member)
'R  ghestem' wrote:

'Orontes' wrote:

I am really surprised that no one has reviewed this holiday. It was a great deal!

The ship was full of 'Just You' ladies travelling alone. I was one of them. The reason it was such good value was because it had 9 sea days and only 5 port days. The Crew therefore organised a lot of activities. I laughed, danced and sang (in the choir). For me, it was just what I needed. I am still smiling when I think about it. I laughed so much my stomach hurt. I have never seen the Captain of a ship entertain us before - he even played an electric guitar!

The crew were excellent and we were looked after very well. I would definitely go again.  :D

Hi ghestem,

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your cruise on Voyager.

I never doubted that providing the flight arrangements with VOD were acceptable the cruise would be very good.

I've enjoyed 4 great cruises with VOD, my only complaint was the appalling use of a dreadful charter company on our return flight from by last cruise.

I'd have no hesitation on cruising with them again if I felt confident that this was a one off!

I love the atmosphere onboard, the Crew, ( all of them, from Captain and Officers down ) are in my view exceptional.

I always found the catering, excursions etc. to be of a high standard.

Yes, Voyager is somewhat basic but she's still " comfortable " and provides some really fantastic itineries, this is the main attraction for me.

Once again I'm really glad the cruise went well, it's good to know 🙂