DianaS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. I've been on lots of trips with Just You before, but this is my first time on the forum. Is anybody out there going on this trip?
stevmag
(Member)
Hi Diana,

Surprised me that, despite the fact the trip is full, there has been no one who has written anything on the forum. I have been on 6 Just You tours and there has always been some travellers who use the forum on every trip.. Anyway, I'm going!!!! Got the last of my Canadian Dollars today, now just need to start thinking about packing. See you next Sunday

Steve

JustJan1
(Member)
Hi Diana and Steve - I am also going on this trip, it will be my third with Just You, hope it's as good as the last two. Look forward to meeting you both on the 7th. Regards Jan.
ElaineB
(Member)
Hi. Im going on this trip and it will be my first one! Slightly nervous but am sure all will be fine. See you all next week.

Elaine

JUDY55
(Member)
Hi Diana, Jan, Elaine, Steve.. and anyone else on our trip; I´m really looking forward to it, see you on Sunday, Judy
PaulineD
(Member)
Hi Peops,

I have just come back from the tour that went on 10th May. I haven't yet had time to put a review on the Community but if you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer them for you. I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip.

PaulineD

Clarec
(Member)
Hi I'm also going on this trip & it will be the first time I've travelled with Just You. I'm really looking forward to it, see you all on Sunday.

Claire

Susannetball
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

I have just come back from the tour that went on 10th May. I haven't yet had time to put a review on the Community but if you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer them for you. I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip.

PaulineD

Hi this is my first time on a JY holiday and have chosen the same holiday this summer . Wanted to ask is the Rocky Mountaineer sea to sky climb the red of silver leaf? Plus are you able to go to an observation deck?

Have also read reviews on the Lobstick Lodge in Jasper and the reviews do not make it sound like a very nice hotel. Would much appreciate your opinion.

PaulineD
(Member)
'Susannetball' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

PaulineD

Hi this is my first time on a JY holiday and have chosen the same holiday this summer . Wanted to ask is the Rocky Mountaineer sea to sky climb the red of silver leaf? Plus are you able to go to an observation deck?

Have also read reviews on the Lobstick Lodge in Jasper and the reviews do not make it sound like a very nice hotel. Would much appreciate your opinion.

Hi Susanne,

I am not sure about the red of silver leaf but can only comment on the train we were on. I was not aware that there were any differences in level of travel as all of our group were seated together in one carriage. Also our train was only single decked and the the observation deck consisted of one of the carriages having had all the seats and windows taken out of it and grab rails in there to hold on to. However, it was adequate for photo opportunities etc. but could get a bit squashed if everybody decided to go there at the same time. You were more or less free to come and go as you chose all through the trip which a lot of our group did.

The Lobstick Lodge in Jasper was okay. It was comfortable and the breakfasts were average. However, we found that the staff were not all that helpful. Our Champagne Reception was held in the foyer (not brilliant) due to there being another group in the hotel and they ran out of champagne even though we all had vouchers!! A group of us wanted to eat in the restaurant in the evening but again were told we couldn't due to this other group and so we went into town to eat. The next evening a friend and I went down the road to another hotel (unfortunately I can't remember the name but it was a few hotels down and the restaurant, which was called the The Inn, was situated under an arch seperate from the main hotel) where we had a lovely meal. If you ask the driver of the minibus which brings you back from the White Water Rafting he should be able to point you in the right direction as it was he who suggested it to us. By the way, the rafting is tremendous fun. It isn't that fast and you do get a bit damp but it was brilliant!!

Hope all this helps.

PaulineD

Lucinda
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

Just wanted to ask how expensive food was on the trip. Not sure how much money to take with me

Thanks

Lucinda

PaulineD
(Member)
'Lucinda' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

Just wanted to ask how expensive food was on the trip. Not sure how much money to take with me

Thanks

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda,

The price of food I would say is comparable with the USA. Bear in mind that the portions are almost as big as the USA. I took what I thought would be just enough money and brought quite a bit back. The snacks eg. filled rolls, soft drinks etc are about the same as here in England.

Most of the evenings a friend and I ate out at local hotels for various reasons and even then it was about the same price as here at home. The hotel restaurant in Vancouver serves excellent food!! Hope this helps!! If ther is anything else I can help with please ask.

luvpxx

Susannetball
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'Susannetball' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

PaulineD

Hi Susanne,

I am not sure about the red of silver leaf but can only comment on the train we were on. I was not aware that there were any differences in level of travel as all of our group were seated together in one carriage. Also our train was only single decked and the the observation deck consisted of one of the carriages having had all the seats and windows taken out of it and grab rails in there to hold on to. However, it was adequate for photo opportunities etc. but could get a bit squashed if everybody decided to go there at the same time. You were more or less free to come and go as you chose all through the trip which a lot of our group did.

The Lobstick Lodge in Jasper was okay. It was comfortable and the breakfasts were average. However, we found that the staff were not all that helpful. Our Champagne Reception was held in the foyer (not brilliant) due to there being another group in the hotel and they ran out of champagne even though we all had vouchers!! A group of us wanted to eat in the restaurant in the evening but again were told we couldn't due to this other group and so we went into town to eat. The next evening a friend and I went down the road to another hotel (unfortunately I can't remember the name but it was a few hotels down and the restaurant, which was called the The Inn, was situated under an arch seperate from the main hotel) where we had a lovely meal. If you ask the driver of the minibus which brings you back from the White Water Rafting he should be able to point you in the right direction as it was he who suggested it to us. By the way, the rafting is tremendous fun. It isn't that fast and you do get a bit damp but it was brilliant!!

Hope all this helps.

PaulineD

Thank you for the above this will be my first holiday with Just You so a little worried. But thanks Susan

PaulineD
(Member)
'Susannetball' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

'Susannetball' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Peops,

PaulineD

Hi Susanne,

Hope all this helps.

PaulineD

Thank you for the above this will be my first holiday with Just You so a little worried. But thanks Susan

Happy to help Susan, I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Canada was my 4th Just You holiday and I am already planning my 5th!!. If there is anything else I can help with please don't be afraid to ask.

PaulineD