sallyc
(Member)
Mick / Paul

I've booked Cuba for 19th Oct for that very reason - I'm worried that once the floodgates have opened it will struggle to retain its unique identity. I think its over half full so if you are considering it don't take too long!

Sally

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jacqueline

A few interesting places on your list. Australia is on your list too. Think that may be on a lot of people's list.

Paul

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

Think I crossed off a lot of my To Do list in 2013. Finland, driving a husky sled and watching the Northern Lights. Then it was Florida and Orlando with all the parks. Went to Tampa, sat in with the Rays fan and watched my favourite baseball team Blue Jays from Toronto. There I was on the main screen as I had my Blue Jays baseball hat on so I waved, my family hiding in embarrassment :P

Back to back were 2 Just You tours- Alpine Europe which gave me Austria, Switzerland and Leichenstein for the first time with Germany. Next was first trip to Scotland and steam trains. Eilean Donan has been at the top of the list ever since Highlander 1986. Most beautiful place.

Petra and the Great Pyramids in 2010, Boston and Cape Cod May 2011, Venice and a gondola with Aida at the Arena in Verona, June 2011 followed by Buenos Aires, Iquacu Falls and of course Christ the Redeemer in Rio on New years Eve 2011.

Have got the Last Post at the Menin Gate in May and Florence and Tuscany in October. Very rarely do I return to the same place except last year when I was on the Route 61 tour. Never been to Chicago and St Louis, very happy to return to New Orleans and Memphis :)

Still to do- Cuba, Vancouver, San Francisco, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, India, Japan and New Zealand. I expect there will be more to add at some stage.

I am very happy with all that I have seen so far :)

Jan

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan

That's a very impressive list what you have done so far and also an impressive of what you still want to do. Chicago and St. Louis I didnwith JY on Route 66. I loved Chicago and would happily go back there as there is so much to do there but sadly we only had half a day on our own. Orlando with all the parks for me is the ultimate holiday although on returning home from the full on Disney holiday I found that I needed 2 weeks rest to recover.

Happy travelling

Paul

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Paul,

I decided at 50 that it was time to see the world. Girls at University, seperated from my husband, now sadly passed, so much to see and do.

Now 58 and still fit and able, my only problem is work, trying to pack in as many trips as I can. It has been great fun though trying to work out holidays to tie in as many places together so that lots of ticks can be done in one go :)

Jan

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan

I was the same in that when I reached 50 I wanted a special holiday and Route 66 was a perfect trip for me at that time. Since then I've started to plan my 60th which I hope to visit Australia. Work is a problem for me as I have to book my leave each year from the beginning of September. You have to get your dates in fast as the most popular times get booked up pretty quick. I'm lucky as I prefer my holidays in September which normally is available.

Paul

Mick W
(Member)
'Littlepaul66' wrote:

Hi Jan

I was the same in that when I reached 50 I wanted a special holiday and Route 66 was a perfect trip for me at that time. Since then I've started to plan my 60th which I hope to visit Australia. Work is a problem for me as I have to book my leave each year from the beginning of September. You have to get your dates in fast as the most popular times get booked up pretty quick. I'm lucky as I prefer my holidays in September which normally is available.

Paul

Planning your 60th, your still a whipper snapper, thats what i call forward thinking 😃

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
route 66 is what id like to do next year or the soul music one looks good.. so many places to go.. need to save for next holiday after my Canada trip!
Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick

A whipper snapper am I? Makes me feel younger already. Lol. I have 8 years to go and if all goes well Australia it will be for my 60th.

Paul

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Wanny

Route 66 was an epic trip. So many great places and I can recommend it. The soul trip looks good too and I know Mick went on that tour last year so he can tell you which one is best as he also has done Route 66.

Paul

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

The Soul trip was excellent last year and I had a great time with Mick, Dawn, Keith and Stuart.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to your 60th Paul. I have asked Just You for a trip to New Zealand / Sydney for New Years Eve 2016 which is my 60th birthday. I found the perfect trip but with Titan at £7k +1300 solo suppliment for this year. Still waiting to hear if Will can plan it :P

Jan

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
yes I think the soul trip is winning, i saw some photos on facebook with the route 66.. in 2017 i say lol
Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Wanny

Route 66 was an epic journey and one that will be in my memory forever. It's started my love affair that I have with the USA. So many great places. So many great things to see. I did it for a special birthday and was so glad that I did. I met some great people who I have stayed in contact with through Facebook. It was a very long journey and at times quite tiring but well worth it.

Paul.