Helen.H
(Member)
Hi, I too am going to China on 9th September with the cruise add on.

This is my first solo trip so I am both nervous and excited.

I look forward to meeting everyone at Heathrow.

Someone mentioned jabs - what advice does anyone have about vaccination requirements please?

SarahS
(Member)
Vaccination advice changes from time to time. I had several in 2013 including hep A. The best way to get the latest information is to have a word with your practice nurse. You will have great time in China.
FranXWP
(Member)
'newbyphil' wrote:

'FranXWP' wrote:

Hi everyone

I too am going to China on 9th September with Yangtze 'add on'. Have travelled on my own before but on an 'ordinary' package and not as with Just You. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Really looking forward to it but not all the jabs before hand.

Anyone else going from Oxfordshire?

Hi Fran,

Great that you arę going on the same trip as myself

Maybe we could meet at a central point in Heathrow .

Hi, Sorry I didn't reply to your mail. Life has been a bit manic and my computer decided to have a holiday of its own!

I would be happy to meet up with folk anywhere at the airport. Would be nice to be able to sit with the group on the plane rather than booking in on scattered seats - or do JY send us seating instructions or block book I wonder?

Maria.holidays
(Member)
Hi

I am doing the China trip 9th Sept, looking forward to meeting you all. From reading other peoples posts it sounds as good as i hoped. Really useful tips from people that have already been.

Maria

suejj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I'm on the 9 Sep departure to China with the Yangtse add-on too. Your local GP surgery practice nurse will advise about vaccinations from the most up to date recommendations available (and anti-malarials for those taking the add-on). We usually spot the JY labels on luggage at the airport, sometimes even before the rep spots us! I've always had someone else on the trip make themselves known that way. We are usually grouped on the plane too. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great trip.

Sue

MarilynW
(Member)
Hi there

I am also on the Sept 9th Inspirational China + Yangtze cruise add-on. My GP said didn't need anti-malaria as Chongqing just outside malaria area - don't really want to take anything as have done so before. Any one else agree? Also if anyone is in SL5 area (Ascot, Berkshire) & would like to share a taxi let me know. Bit of a long shot!!

This is my first JY trip (& first forum message) so bit nervous but looking forward to meeting everyone & seeing China!

Marilyn

MarieJustMe
(Member)
'MarilynW' wrote:

Hi there

I am also on the Sept 9th Inspirational China + Yangtze cruise add-on. My GP said didn't need anti-malaria as Chongqing just outside malaria area - don't really want to take anything as have done so before. Any one else agree? Also if anyone is in SL5 area (Ascot, Berkshire) & would like to share a taxi let me know. Bit of a long shot!!

This is my first JY trip (& first forum message) so bit nervous but looking forward to meeting everyone & seeing China!

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, I am booked to do the add on as part of this trip as well and I was also told I dont need Malaria tablets! :thumbup:

Marie

FranXWP
(Member)
'MarieJustMe' wrote:

'MarilynW' wrote:

Hi there

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, I am booked to do the add on as part of this trip as well and I was also told I dont need Malaria tablets! :thumbup:

Marie

Hi

My info from my practice travel nurse is that I did need malaria tablets for the Yangtse as well as using Deet spray products. Not needed until the add-on was her advice to me so ok in Chongqing but not later. I have also played safe and had the jab for japanese encaphelitis but I tend to be a ' belts and braces' person anyway.

Getting excited now!

Frances

MarilynW
(Member)
Hi Marie & Frances

Thanks for your replies - you would think medical advice would be the same as GPs must have the same information! Have to hope Deet & long sleeve shirts/ trousers will do the trick. See you at LHR.

Marilyn