newbyphil
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I just booked today very nervous about it doing the China trip 9th Sept anyone else going PLEASE

SarahS
(Member)
I did this trip, with cruise add on in September 2013. We saw so many amazing sights, it still ranks with my all time best trips. You will have a fantastic time.
newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SarahS' wrote:

I did this trip, with cruise add on in September 2013. We saw so many amazing sights, it still ranks with my all time best trips. You will have a fantastic time.

Aw thanks so much for replying Sarah, you were the first person to reply on my first ever post, still apprehensive about going solo tho , did you go on your own ?

SarahS
(Member)
I was on my own as far as check in. There was a JY rep on hand to help though check in after security, I soon met up with other members of the group in the executive lounge. I met some lovely people, all travelling alone but together.
Polo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I'm going on inspirationall China on 5 th of September .My first trip on my own a little nervous but looking forward to it
sandybill1946
(Member)
Hi,

Glad you have booked this holiday, I am sure you will enjoy it. I have also booked this trip with the cruise add on and I know of one other lady, who I met on a previous trip, has booked it as well. I have been on many JY holidays both short and long haul and have met some lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed every holiday. Look forward to meeting you at Heathrow.

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

Great to hear that you have taken the most important step and booked your first trips. Do not worry - you will be well looked after and have an amazing time. (Especially if your local guides are Alan, Mervyn and Suzy)

I did this tour in October last year and a number of other Community regulars have posted reviews and tips about it on Forum. Just search under 'China' - I particularly recommend the review and on line diary of Gooner41 (Alan).

If you've got any questions, I'd be happy to help. For starters, my tips would be to take: throat sweets, toilet paper, antibacterial hand wipes, plenty of memory cards and a spare battery for your camera. If you have asthma or other respiratory problems, make sure you pack plenty of inhalers because the air pollution can be really bad. Also, for the experience of a lifetime, set aside £200 worth of Yuan and sign up for the 'Panda Keeper experience' in Chengdu. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Start counting down - the months to your trip will fly by (BTW the visa application form isn't quite as complicated as it looks at first glance, but I suggest making a copy before you start writing in case you make a mistake)

All the best

Mandy

MarieJustMe
(Member)
Hi,

I have also just booked to go on this trip on 9 September. I have never done anything like this before so I am nervous but very excited!

ChristineNeal
(Member)
'newbyphil' wrote:

Hi

I just booked today very nervous about it doing the China trip 9th Sept anyone else going PLEASE

Hi there ,

I am going on this trip and the Yangtze cruise . Am a bit nervous but have been to Tuscany and the USA with JY and was very well looked after. Great to see some others making contact so here is to meeting you all on September 9th!

ChristineNeal
(Member)
I am going to China on the 9th September and also doing the Yangtze add on"

Have been to USA and Tuscany with JY and was very well looked after. Have had very good reports of this trip so my worries are getting less and excitement is taking over!

FranXWP
(Member)
Hi everyone

I too am going to China on 9th September with Yangtze 'add on'. Have travelled on my own before but on an 'ordinary' package and not as with Just You. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Really looking forward to it but not all the jabs before hand.

Anyone else going from Oxfordshire?

FranXWP
(Member)
Hi

My trip to China on 9th September will be my first with JY. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone else going from Oxfordshire?

MarieJustMe
(Member)
Hi Fran,

I am from the Milton Keynes area so not too far from Oxfordshire. I am also doing the Yangtze add on.

I look forward to meeting you too.

Marie

cageycanary
(Member)
Hi Fran

I'm not too far away in Gloucestershire. I'm also signed up for the Yangtze add on. I have been to China many times, always on business so now I'm taking the opportunity to visit all the places I never had the time to before. I've always found the Chinese friendly as long as you respect their customs.

Kevin

newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'MarieJustMe' wrote:

Hi,

I have also just booked to go on this trip on 9 September. I have never done anything like this before so I am nervous but very excited!

Hi ,

So glad that you are going on the same trip, could we maybe meet at Heathrow as This is my first solo trip, and would be great to meet up.

I am on Facebook , so you can see what I look like !

newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sandybill1946' wrote:

Hi,

Glad you have booked this holiday, I am sure you will enjoy it. I have also booked this trip with the cruise add on and I know of one other lady, who I met on a previous trip, has booked it as well. I have been on many JY holidays both short and long haul and have met some lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed every holiday. Look forward to meeting you at Heathrow.

Hi .

Thanks so much , have not been into the site as had problems signing in , now resolved.

Would be great to meet up in Heathrow

Perhaps a central meeting point

On Facebook so you can see what I look like !

newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ChristineNeal' wrote:

I am going to China on the 9th September and also doing the Yangtze add on"

Have been to USA and Tuscany with JY and was very well looked after. Have had very good reports of this trip so my worries are getting less and excitement is taking over!

Hi Christine,

My first solo trip very nervous, perhaps we could meetup at Heathrow ?

newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'FranXWP' wrote:

Hi

My trip to China on 9th September will be my first with JY. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone else going from Oxfordshire?

Hi,

Traveling from Scotland, but could meet at Heathrow ?

newbyphil
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'FranXWP' wrote:

Hi everyone

I too am going to China on 9th September with Yangtze 'add on'. Have travelled on my own before but on an 'ordinary' package and not as with Just You. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Really looking forward to it but not all the jabs before hand.

Anyone else going from Oxfordshire?

Hi Fran,

Great that you arę going on the same trip as myself

Maybe we could meet at a central point in Heathrow .

MarieJustMe
(Member)
Hi Phil,

I think Just You arranges for us all to meet in a lounge at Heathrow - I look forward to seeing you there!

I know you shouldn't wish your life away but I really hope the next four months goes quickly!!!!

Marie