Rafiki
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is there anyone going on the trip to NZ on 6 Feb from the West Country?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rafiki' wrote:

Is there anyone going on the trip to NZ on 6 Feb from the West Country?

Hello

I am NOT on this tour but I have been in the HKG and NZ tour a couple years ago, so any questions just ask and I will try an answer them..

Cindy

Rafiki
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for replying Cindy. Was really trying to find out who is going so I might know someone before getting to the airport! But since you have asked - what is best to take, or perhaps not to take in the clothes line? Am trying to take as little as possible!

Linda

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Linda

Go for layers you can put on take off, When I went it has January and the weather was good, we did get some downpours, also I wanted to do many of the extra flights but due to weather conditions I only managed the helicopter flight to the Franz Joseph snow on the top when we got off, so you would need something warm for that.

There are many hotels that have washing machine but bear in mind you won't be the only person who wants to do a wash, so mack sure that's at the top of your case, and get in quick, if not pack a tube of travel wash for the smalls!!! Lack as if your going away for say 10 days..

See and do all you can its a very long way to go so make the most of it.

Take things for the plane journey music, or if you have ipad then download some films etc, books etc..

make sure you have comfy clothes and shoes as many hours are spent in planes or coaches etc.

Cindy

SarahS
(Member)
I did this trip in February 2013. We only had rain on one day, in Auckland. It was generally mild and sunny, but noticeably cooler on the South Island, where the early mornings were especially cool, so a lightweight jacket was very welcome. Also, it can get quite cold in the open obervation car on the alpine exress so a scarf and gloves would also be useful. If you are thinking doing the jet boat ride, consider taking a beanie hat if you have longish hair. It's a fantastic experince, but the wind really whips your hair into tangles. Have a great time.
Sarah W - TM
(Member)
Kia ora Linda,

If you haven't already seen it, I posted in a different section some tips on what to take, this is the link:

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-70648.html 

See you next Friday,

Happy Packing,

Sarah