Alison1073
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Everyone

Just booked the Jordan holiday so saying hello to fellow companions.

If anyone has been at this time of year what clothing do you recommend to take and are walking boots needed for Petra?

Alison

:thumbup::thumbup:[/size][/font]

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alison

Jordan was my first trip with Just You in September 2009. Not sure what the weather will be like in April, but I do not think it is going to be cold. Trainers or any comfy shoes/sandals are okay for Petra. I wore trainers, but some others in the group did wear comfy sandals. You will love Jordan. Have a wonderful holiday.

Jaya

DavidH
(Member)
Hello Alison

Hopefully I will be joining you on the trip. According to my research, temperatures should be between 21 and 25 degrees C during the day, and between 9 and 12 at night, take something warm to wear in the evening.

Regards

David

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I was in Jordan in September 2010. Most beautiful place with lots of walking and sand. I took those walking sandals which went everywhere. Petra is a long walk through the Siq, do not forget to look up and see the elephant- a rock formation. You do have time to climb to the monastery, I decided to have my first camel ride instead.

The Dead Sea was at 42 degrees, a different kind of heat, still burnt though. A wide floppy hat, shawl for your head and shoulders for the mosques and plenty of sun lotion.

Have a wonderful time, I loved it.

Jan

Jan Myers
(Member)
'Alison1073' wrote:

Hello Everyone

If anyone has been at this time of year what clothing do you recommend to take and are walking boots needed for Petra?

Alison

Hi Alison and David. I am booked on this holiday and look forward to meeting you and other companions on this tour. I think the itinerary looks really interesting. My research about weather is the same as others so will something warm for evenings and early mornings. Not sure whether to take good walking trainers or boots for Petra as I would like to hike up to the monastery if I can make it!!

Alison1073
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jan wrote:

'Alison1073' wrote:

Hello Everyone

Alison

I look forward to meeting you all soon

Alison

Hi Alison and David. I am booked on this holiday and look forward to meeting you and other companions on this tour. I think the itinerary looks really interesting. My research about weather is the same as others so will something warm for evenings and early mornings. Not sure whether to take good walking trainers or boots for Petra as I would like to hike up to the monastery if I can make it!!