lindyfos
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
has anyone out there been on any Italian trips recently. i am interested in taking my first "singles" trip there and would like to know the average age of the group(s).

thanks all.

Toni2909
(Member)
I went to Apulia in October - a trip I highly recommend, by the way. The group size seemed fairly typical, similar to the three other Italian trips I have taken. There have always been just a small number of men, 4 or 5, and the ages have ranged from 40-somethings to 80-somethings. However, age doesn't seem to matter when you are all having fun, and it is often the older members of the party who have the most "get up and go".

Regards

Toni

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Lindy

I did the trip to Apulia this year. Have visited most parts of Italy over the years but my first time in this region. I am sure you will enjoy any of the trips that Jy offer but if you want something different then I would recommend the Apulia trip. My only reservation was the hotel used but that may just be my opinion. There were about 24 people in the group the majority were female. Age range was late 40s to ? late 70s. My advice is choose a holiday and go for it. You will meet lots of interesting people.

Hope this helps

Lesley

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I can recommend highlights of Tuscany, nice family run hotel right by the beach, great trips out, right near a nice village to watch the world go by.

Cindy

Mick W
(Member)
Only Italy trip I've done with JY is Cilento Coast and loved it, fantastic hotel.

Walking in Tuscany is on my possibles list for this year.

Age is difficult to guess, youngest i've been with is mid 20's and oldest in their 80's. However the vast majority will likely be in their 50's & 60's. Probably get more accurate by asking Julia in the "ask the editor" section of the forum for the holidays you are interested in.

This thread may help :-

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-51972.html 

Mick

Geoffrey Slater
(Member)
'lindyfos' wrote:

has anyone out there been on any Italian trips recently. i am interested in taking my first "singles" trip there and would like to know the average age of the group(s).

thanks all.

I went on the Sorrento holiday in May last year. It was great, There were 15 of us on the trip aged between late 30s and early 70s.

Bosuncat
(Member)
I've done Cilento Coast twice and would go back there anytime. Great holiday and wonderful hotel. It's unspoilt Italy. I love it!

I've been to Sorrento many times but not with JY. I have also done Highlights of Tuscany with JY. That's a good value holiday. The trips are really good, although some of them are long days. The hotel is a lovely family run place with terrific food and great friendly staff. I wasn't that keen on the resort as such but it was right at the end of season and the weather was bad so that may have caused me problems.

As for age range? As Mick has said there are quite a few threads on here about it. 50's and 60's is about right but I have met and enjoyed the company of far younger and far older people.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I went to the Italian Dolomites and Croatia in June and Calabria in September. I would recommend both trips. Don't dwell on the age ranges as it all varies on each trip. Age is just a number.

Regards

Jaya

lindyfos
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone out there going on a trip in October this year?
smudger1
(Member)
'lindyfos' wrote:

Hi Lindyfos

I'm going on the flavours tour in October.

Ian

Veebee
(Member)
'smudger1' wrote:

'lindyfos' wrote:

Hi Lindyfos

I'm going on the flavours tour in October.

Ian

Hi, I am going on the Highlights f Tuscany trip 12th October. So looking forward to it.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Lindyfos,

Went on the Flavours of Tuscany in 2015 and Magnificent Lake Garda in 2011. Lake Garda has changed hotels several times and there are now seperate trips to Verona with the opera. Aida was brilliant.

Flavours of Tuscany was excellent like Rose said. So much history in Tuscany, loved Lucca and yes even Pisa, heard the man singing in the Baptistry- magical. Florence was amazing, need to go back as I learnt about the Medici Family when I came home. Could not go into the Duomo as it was closed.

I would like to do the Classic Cities next year as I want to see Rome, the only Hard Rock Cafe left to visit in Italy. I have done Venice and Florence.

Jan