MargaretDL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi i am thinking about this has anyone done this tour or thinking about it long way to go but it would be a a lifetime experience i am thinking if i dont do it i soon wont manage the flight again making the decision to do this on my own is very big thing love to hear from anyone
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Margaret

Wow great trip you have planned...I have done them separately I did NZ with JY..OZ is my absolute favourite country in the world and I have seen much of it, I did them about 6 years apart, as I never thought I would be able to go that way again, with hindsight I wish I had done them together. That plane journey is LONG!..

You will see so much and do so much have fun any questions just ask.

Cindy

Puer aeternus
(Member)
I have backpacked over ALL of Australia and lived there for 6 years. If you need to know ANYTHING about Australia ask me!

The plane journey is a pain but the reward of arriving is worth it. I'm going again this year for Christmas and New Year to see family and Friends and re-visit old haunts.

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

I have already booked to do the Australia and NZ tour in September/October next year. I decided that I had prevaricated more than long enough and if I didn't do something about it I would never go!

It's a long way off but I have a couple of other trips booked before then, one with JY.

Peter

AltyJohn
(Member)
I did Australia and New Zealand with JU last November. Absolutely loved it - one of the best things I have ever done. For me the highlights were Sydney, Ayers Rock, Melbourne and Perth. We were unlucky with the weather in NZ - a storm cloud seemed to follow us over the 2 weeks. Luckily we had Sarah Wrightson as our guide, who kept us smiling throughout. Queens-town was the highlight for me - we had good weather there and I even did a bungy jump!!! All the locals we came across were happy to see you. It is a long flight - I would recommend you upgrade if your budget allows for it. You'll come back thinking to yourself why you hadn't gone before.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AltyJohn' wrote:

I did Australia and New Zealand with JU last November. Absolutely loved it - one of the best things I have ever done. For me the highlights were Sydney, Ayers Rock, Melbourne and Perth. We were unlucky with the weather in NZ - a storm cloud seemed to follow us over the 2 weeks. Luckily we had Sarah Wrightson as our guide, who kept us smiling throughout. Queens-town was the highlight for me - we had good weather there and I even did a bungy jump!!! All the locals we came across were happy to see you. It is a long flight - I would recommend you upgrade if your budget allows for it. You'll come back thinking to yourself why you hadn't gone before.

Sarah was the tour manager for my NZ tour she was excellent!!!!!

Cindy

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Margaret

Wow great trip you have planned...I have done them separately I did NZ with JY..OZ is my absolute favourite country in the world and I have seen much of it, I did them about 6 years apart, as I never thought I would be able to go that way again, with hindsight I wish I had done them together. That plane journey is LONG!..

You will see so much and do so much have fun any questions just ask.

Cindy

hi Cindy thanks for reply i have booked Australia and New Zealand trip for March next year like you say plane journey long so have decided to upgrade this is a holiday of a lifetime but i am sure it will be worth it regards Margaret:

MargaretDL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Puer wrote:

I have backpacked over ALL of Australia and lived there for 6 years. If you need to know ANYTHING about Australia ask me!

The plane journey is a pain but the reward of arriving is worth it. I'm going again this year for Christmas and New Year to see family and Friends and re-visit old haunts.

Hi thanks for reply have booked Australia and New Zealand for March next year .You sound as if you are well traveled and have alot of experiance. I am dreading the long flight so have upgraded my seat .Hope the weather will be warm but not to hot looking forward to it but am nervous regards margaret