Freestone
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am trying to pluck up the courage of booking South Africa in September but am daunted as I have never been on a singles holiday. Is this too much too soon and should I start with a shorter one?

Has anyone booked on this yet?

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would go ahead and book. My advice to first timers is to book their dream destination so that you can calm those pre-departure nerves by thinking 'if it all goes horribly wrong, atleast I get to see a place I've always wanted to visit.' I did this trip a couple of years ago and although the itinerary has changed a bit, you will be guaranteed an amazing trip. This remains one of my favourite destinations (out of 20 holidays) and one I will definitely repeat in the future. The scenery, wildlife, accommodation, food and drink are all superb. Add this to a group of people who share your love of travel and enjoy a laugh and you've got a winning combination. Ask yourself, what have you got to lose? Be careful though, these holidays are seriously addictive and once sampled are impossible to resist.
DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would echo SallyC's comments. I have my 12th JY holiday booked - to South Africa in September! I have found all the holidays to be well-planned with a mixed group of people who get on well together.

There are so many wonderful places to visit in the world and a JY holiday is a great way to visit everywhere you always wanted to go on your own but without being on your own.

JY holidays are addictive and once you have taken the plunge you will be 'hooked'. Just go for it!

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this holiday last Sept/Oct and it was absolutely wonderful. It's a beautiful country, the scenery is breathtaking and the wildlife absolutely brilliant. Added to this was a really good crowd of travelling companions and the best Tour Manager you could wish for. Even if you are a bit nervous I promise you that right from meeting your TM and fellow travellers at Heathrow you will be fine. It's a great holiday, go for it, you certainly won't regret it. :thumbup:

Good wishes

Sue

Judith D
(Member)
I did South Africa in 2009 and it was my first singles holiday. I have travelled all my life and have to say this was for me the holiday of a lifetime The Itinerary has changed but as it cuts out some of the long coach travelling and an internal flight, it could be less tiring. I slept for a week on my return! The tour manager and the South African guide were outstanding and the wildlife very special. I have since been on about 8 holidays with Just You and a couple of other companies. I find everyone rubs along well together and there are always friends to be made so have the courage to go!
ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm booked on this for the departure on 29 September and there is a thread for this holiday already so if you do book this one, come and join us

Keith