Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Senior Member me? :thumbup:

Seriously it looks as though I won't be able to make Calabria next May as the dates collide with when someone else wants to go away. :s

So. I am on the verge of booking the Slovenia trip. I was last there in 1991 so it's been a long, long time. Reading up on the hotels they seem fine, I have never stayed near Bled, always been way up in the mountains. I have never been to the coast either and I know that Portoroz is very popular.

More importantly it is a Heathrow departure so much easier than Gatwick, and I can be in Slovenia for my 60th!! :thumbup:

Just a couple of questions. I would query the transfer time from Zagreb as I think that 2 hours is pushing it a bit! I would have thought nearer 3 personally. I am presuming also that if people want to spend money at the airport there (nice one by the way) that they will have to use Kuna?

Are JY likely to use a local Tour Manager as they do in Croatia?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

Solvenia? Good choice...

The transfer time is approximate and subject to traffic and any other affecting factors. In terms of spending money at the airport, as far as we are aware it will be Kuna, however as they have recently become part of the EU this may change. I am aware that the shop at Rijeka airport also accepted Euros.

As for the Tour Manager - I don't know at the moment - the people I would usually ask (as it is too early for a Tour Manager to be assigned in the system) are on annual leave at the minute. I've asked the question and will let you know when I get a response.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Solvenia? Good choice...

The transfer time is approximate and subject to traffic and any other affecting factors. In terms of spending money at the airport, as far as we are aware it will be Kuna, however as they have recently become part of the EU this may change. I am aware that the shop at Rijeka airport also accepted Euros.

As for the Tour Manager - I don't know at the moment - the people I would usually ask (as it is too early for a Tour Manager to be assigned in the system) are on annual leave at the minute. I've asked the question and will let you know when I get a response.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. It's vying with Treasures of Andalucía at the moment, the ONLY reason for that one being is that I can fly from East Midlands (albeit with the supplement) on the Andalucía one. It does save me a heck of a lot of time and perhaps ultimately (even with the supplement) a bit of cash as I can use the local airport bus to and from Nottingham to the airport 24/7. 🙂

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Decisions, decisions! 🙂

Please let me know which destination you eventually choose - I love hearing where everyone is heading on their travels.

Kindest regards

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Decisions, decisions! :)

Please let me know which destination you eventually choose - I love hearing where everyone is heading on their travels.

Kindest regards

Julia

I certainly will of course!

:thumbup:

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

Im trying to get some time off of placement, but it is proving to be difficult. Are you set on may 3rd?

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Im trying to get some time off of placement, but it is proving to be difficult. Are you set on may 3rd?

Mark

Yes Mark although I haven't booked yet. It's a special birthday for me a couple of days after, and if I do do Slovenia it would be my 3rd birthday I have celebrated in that part of the world. :thumbup:

Keeping my fingers crossed it works out. I work for the NHS too!

Andalucía was only an option because of being able to travel from East Mids.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi again Julia. Did you get any answer from one of your colleagues on whether it is likely to be a local Tour Manager or not? 🙂
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

I asked again today as the relevant people are back in the office and it looks like we will be assigning the Tour Manager here like we do with most of our other tours rather than a local TM like we do with Croatia.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

I asked again today as the relevant people are back in the office and it looks like we will be assigning the Tour Manager here like we do with most of our other tours rather than a local TM like we do with Croatia.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. Just waiting to hear back on whether Mark can make that date and then I will make my decision.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bisuncat,

Im working on the dates. I cant say i know either way at the moment to be honest, but il;l know by next week definitely!

Thanks

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
:thumbup:
'marks' wrote:

Hi Bisuncat,

Im working on the dates. I cant say i know either way at the moment to be honest, but il;l know by next week definitely!

Thanks

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

The only date i could possibly do is September, which means i cant come in the spring. Because my course is paid for by the nhs, i have to sign in at each lecture so i cannot miss anything. wTuscany and Russia are on my radar.

Do you recommend Tuscany?

Mark

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark Tuscany is beautiful and the cities in the area are great - ask Cindy she's also done this tour.

Cheers,

Bob

PS I hope you do Russia however, I'd really like to hear what you think of it!

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The only date i could possibly do is September, which means i cant come in the spring. Because my course is paid for by the nhs, i have to sign in at each lecture so i cannot miss anything. wTuscany and Russia are on my radar.

Do you recommend Tuscany?

Mark

That's a shame Mark, it would have been nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me know so quickly.

The Tuscany trip is very good, great small hotel, lovely staff there and very good food. I enjoyed all the trips even Siena which was a total wash out weather wise. Pisa (or rather the Field of Miracles) was amazing, Florence was just a taster really but awesome city.

I went on the optional trip to Elba which was really nice and restful after all the walking. :thumbup:

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Slovenia duely booked for 3rd May 2014. :thumbup:

Julia I was somewhat shocked to find out when I phoned that the deposit was now £200 per person. :s I know that it means less to pay at the end but it's a hefty chunk to find at once and wasn't stated in the brochure.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

Great news - I hope you have a wonderful time!

I've asked the question to our set up team as to why this is the deposit for this trip - will let you know when I hear something back.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat

Great news - I hope you have a wonderful time!

I've asked the question to our set up team as to why this is the deposit for this trip - will let you know when I hear something back.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. I am assuming from your reply then that the deposit should be £150 as normal for European holidays?

And see if you can get some annual leave to come on the trip as an "observer"! :thumbup:

This will be the second JY trip that I have been on that is a new one and the first trip out so I hope that everything is okay.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

It appears there was a problem with the reservations system and it should have been £150. A member of our team is going to give you a quick call.

I'm trying - since my Croatia pictures went down well on Facebook I have "offered" to go on some more Just You holidays, meet our customers and get some more photos. I would happily go on the Slovenia trip - I think it looks great!

I have no doubt you'll have a great time,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

It appears there was a problem with the reservations system and it should have been £150. A member of our team is going to give you a quick call.

I'm trying - since my Croatia pictures went down well on Facebook I have "offered" to go on some more Just You holidays, meet our customers and get some more photos. I would happily go on the Slovenia trip - I think it looks great!

I have no doubt you'll have a great time,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia. I got the phone call. That was very kind and I totally understand what happened!

And yes. You should be the "new trip" observer. :thumbup: Each new trip that goes out someone from the office should be there on the first week out. 🙂