Gillian2011
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm going on the Inspirational China with Yangtze Add-on on the 23rd October 2013. Only 15 days to go now! I've got my final documents and it has left me with a couple of questions, can anyone that has been on this trip give me some advice please.

We have some internal flights not listed on the final documents and so don't know who the airline will be, the generic letter says if this is so the luggage allowance 'may' be 20kg not 23kg as with China Air. Has anyone had any experience of this.

Also it says prescription medication needs to be declared at check in. The Just You advisor said medication in checked in baggage is fine but even a small pill box containing meds for the overnight flight must be declared if taken in hand luggage. It seems a bit excessive, has anyone else done this?

I would be glad to hear any last minute advice.

Many thanks in advance,

Kindest regards

Gillian

leahk
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gillian

I did the trip in September:

23 kg UK to China

23 kg China to UK

All the rest - internal flights 20 kg

On the flight from Beijing to Xi'an I was 21 Kg - nothing was said

For the flights from Xi'an to Chengdu and Chengdu to Shanghai - The luggage was sent ahead and checked in for the group as a whole - I'm sure some were over and some were under - there where no problems (but in China that is no guarantee it will be the same when you go) - I did ask the YU rep and she said that in her experience, if you are a few KG over, it is not an issue.

Enjoy you holiday - it a great place.

Cheers

Kevin

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Gillian,

When I went on the China holiday I just 'breezed' through everywhere without any problem. You are in for a fascinating time!

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gillian the matter of prescriptions having to be declared was raise on the Share your travel tips forum, so check that for info. I don't think you'll have any problem.

Have a great holiday, I hope to do it next Sept!

Cheers,

Bob

Gillian2011
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks to all for replies to my questions. Only 10 days to go now! I'm so excited.

Again,

Many thanks

Gillian