Shaz5
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone.

I'm booked on this tour on the 24th September. First time with Just you. Really excited! Everyone seems so friendly on the forum so not too worried at the minute although I'm sure the night before I'll be nervous!

Is anyone else booked on this tour or anyone else been before? Are the optional excurions worth doing?

michael1
(Member)
Hello Shaz

Well done on taking the plunge!

I returned from this holiday yesterday so everything is fresh in my memory! With regards to the optional extras, the cliffhanger lunch offers a superb view of the lake from high up in the mountains. On the way back, our tour guide took us to a delightful village called Limone which is also situated on the lake and offers stunning views from its port.

I felt the Siguara gardens were more a giant park - to give you an idea of its size it takes 30 minutes on a noddy train to get round it - in addition it is situated high in the hills and so offers great views from its borders of the surrounding countryside. Only you can decide whether these trips would appeal to you but personally I'm glad I did them.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me anything else about this trip.

Michael.

Shaz5
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Michael!

Thanks for your reply. I think I will book them as I would like to see as much as I can. Was the hotel ok and does everyone sit togther at meals and things?

Thanks so much for your help.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Shaz,

I did this tour 2 years ago. The optional tours were lovely. I agree with Mike- Sigurta was beautiful, but we had a stop in the nearby town which was fantastic- ice cream was to die for and lots of tourist things to see. The cliffhangar lunch made my daughter have a panic attack when she saw my photos- she hates heights! They filmed one of the Bond films on these roads. Limone is beautiful- keep an eye on times- quite a long walk . Loved Verona and Venice. Went on the trip with the extra tour of opera at Verona- spectacular.

Have fun, Jan.

michael1
(Member)
Hello Shaz

Good points Jan - yes we also stopped in a pretty little town for lunch after the trips to the gardens so I know what you mean! The trips to Verona and Venice are also very enjoyable - make sure you take a ride on the gondola when in Venice, Shaz! :)

The hotel stated on the itenary is in Padenghe sul Garda - I can't comment on this as our hotel was changed to another 4 star which was more on the outskirts of town but still very nice. I've done 4 JY trips now and on each occasion the hotel will reserve 3-4 large tables each breakfast and evening so everyone within the group sits together. Thoroughout the whole holiday, you will only be left alone if you want to be.

Hope you have a great time!

Michael.

Shaz5
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks both of you. Really looking forward to it!!
eastcoast
(Member)
Hello all,

I too am looking to make the Lake Garda trip in September.

One question for anyone who has done so recently - are the trips to Venice and Verona by coach or train ?

Andy

michael1
(Member)
Hi Andy

Both trips are by coach - it takes about an hour to get to Verona, whilst the trip to Venice involves 2 and a bit hours travelling by coach plus a 20 minute boat ride which takes you into the port.

On both trips, you get the best part of 4-5 hours to do as you please.

Hope this helps!

Michael.

eastcoast
(Member)
'michael1' wrote:

Hi Andy

Both trips are by coach - it takes about an hour to get to Verona, whilst the trip to Venice involves 2 and a bit hours travelling by coach plus a 20 minute boat ride which takes you into the port.

On both trips, you get the best part of 4-5 hours to do as you please.

Hope this helps!

Michael.

Many thanks Michael - very helpful.

Andy

sandyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Shaz5' wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm booked on this tour on the 24th September. First time with Just you. Really excited! Everyone seems so friendly on the forum so not too worried at the minute although I'm sure the night before I'll be nervous!

Is anyone else booked on this tour or anyone else been before? Are the optional excurions worth doing?

Hi - I'm booked for the 10th Sept,(ist trip) reading your replies getting excited,will let you know how mine went when I get back. Sandy