Jean77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well after all my deliberating about Costa de la Luz, Tuscany et al, I've just booked a Danube River Cruise for 16 August for 10 days. A river cruise is on my bucket list and when Ben asked a few months ago if anyone would be interested in a JY river cruise and where, I said yes and I'd like to cruise the Danube, but it would depend on cost. So I couldn't believe my luck when I was browsing the JY website and there was a special offer on a cruise down the Danube, and best of all...no single supplement. It's actually a Travelsphere holiday so I double checked on their website, and it really is single supplement free for JY bookers. A 10 day cruise for £999...it's a no brainer!

So anyone who has done this cruise or has travelled on the MS Serenade 1, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

Jean

Keith A
(Member)
Hi Jean,

I have also booked this as it is amazing value. It was on sale on Travelsphere's web site for £1,799pp at the same time. I went on the China and Yangtze tour last year, but that had 38 people so it will be good to be in a smaller group. I'm flying from Manchester.

Cheers

Keith

Jean77
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Keith, nice to hear from you. I understand there are 20 JY travellers on this cruise so that's a nice number. Not long to go now! I'm travelling from Glasgow via Heathrow. Looking forward to meeting you.

Jean

travelwithme
(Member)
Hi Fellow Traveller

New to this format. I really pleased that it is possible to speak to fellow travellers before departure.

Have either of you ( Jean and Keith) booked any excursions yet?

Lois

travelwithme
(Member)
Hi! I have just booked this trip and am looking forward to it. Am flying from Heathrow. Lois
Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I must be looking at another JY website because I have never seen this Cruise advertised!! Where on earth was it on the site?:huh:
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

We opened up some of our cabin allocation on our Travelsphere cruises to Just You customers, they featured (albeit briefly) on the website and a small flyer was sent to the opted-in mailing database and email to our e-newsletter subscribers.

I say the tours appeared briefly as the Just You allocation sold remarkably quickly.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sue,

We opened up some of our cabin allocation on our Travelsphere cruises to Just You customers, they featured (albeit briefly) on the website and a small flyer was sent to the opted-in mailing database and email to our e-newsletter subscribers.

I say the tours appeared briefly as the Just You allocation sold remarkably quickly.

Kindest regards,

Julia

It must have been very brief indeed ! I have just booked trip number 9 with JY. As far as I was aware I am on your mailing and email list. The only thing I have received lately is a request for me to vote for you! Surely frequent customers should not have to constantly request brochures, information etc.

Jean77
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Lois, that's great you managed to get one of the places on this cruise. Sue, what a shame you missed it. I came across it when browsing for ideas for next year, but it was too good an opportunity to pass on.

Lois, no I haven't booked any excursions yet. I'll probably wait until we're there and then decide after hearing what our tour manager has to tell us about them.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jean

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

You may have seen recently that a couple of threads have been started about customers not receiving any mailings and I have been working with our data team to work out why this is happening. We have found that a number of customers have been opted out of mailings for various reasons. This may be due to an email that we receive from the customer, for an online booking and the opt-in box not being checked or historically when we used an older system that has not completely been retired. Obviously if our customers want to receive information from us, then we would like to make sure that you receive it and community members have been contacting me directly to make sure they are opted in and we are "working around" the system.

We send out regular emails to our database and If you have received the latest one, but not others recently, I will have a look at why you haven't been on the previous lists. If you would like me to double check that you are on our mailing list for brochures and other information please can you send me your mailing address to jmorton@justyou.co.uk and I will make sure this is the case.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Keith A
(Member)
Hi Lois,

No, I haven't booked any of the excursions yet. I speak good German so may go round independently in some places. I also wanted to see whether the other Just You travellers were going on them. On the other hand we saved so much compared to the Travelsphere customers that I feel I could run to some of the excursions.