chattycathy1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

going on my first holiday walking in the Ahr valley, wondering who else is going and if anyone has any ideas about spending money in that area of germany. know I will need some walking boots, but hoping weather will be warmish so not to many heavy clothes.:idea::idea:

SylviaJ
(Member)
'chattycathy1' wrote:

Hi

going on my first holiday walking in the Ahr valley, wondering who else is going and if anyone has any ideas about spending money in that area of germany. know I will need some walking boots, but hoping weather will be warmish so not to many heavy clothes.:idea::idea:

Hi Cathy

I'm on this holiday and you'll find others have placed threads for this trip, but I cannot remember who.

If you are buying new walking boots you should have them now as you'll need to wear them in a bit before hitting the hills - I know from past experience!! By end May the weather should be fairly settled and warm - Mr Google will be handy for weather in this area.

As regards spending money, it's a long time since I was in Germany but I should imagine it is not cheap. You only need money for lunch, drinks in the evening and anything else you care to buy. Set yourself a daily budget and times that by length of holiday. Others who have done the April trip might have more of an idea.

Regards

Sylvia

Paul_W
  • (Member)
(Member)
[Ed: Can you add Ahr Valley to the subject Altenahr in reviews, please.]

Hi Cathy

The walking surfaces this week were pretty good. Most people wore all-terrain trainers.

Typical prices: hotel alcoholic drinks Euro 3.40 and if you run a tab, they mark your beer mat!

Elsewhere: small mineral water 1.80, red wine 4 to 4.40, beer: small 1.50, large 2.20 (0.3 liter), lunch meal 6 to 9, apple strudel 4.50, coffee 3.

Have a great holiday

Paul

annie rob
(Member)
'chattycathy1' wrote:

Hi

Hi Chatty,

My first walking holiday too. Agree with the breaking in new boots, once they worn in a bit really comfy.

see you all soon!