Debutante
(Member)
'SarahD1980' wrote:

Hi! Just found this site as I am hoping to go on my first solo holiday this year. I am frankly quite scared and was wondering how others had found it? Would you suggest going on the England breaks first or just going abroad straight away? Thanks :-)

Hello

It is quite normal feeling nervous, I mean who wouldn't be going on holiday what is in essence with a bunch of strangers!

I would not do UK breaks, personally my first JY holiday I picked a destination I always wanted to go to. So whatever happened in that 2 weeks I would at least be visiting places I had always wanted to see. I'm not brave enough to travel alone so it is more about the security for me and being able to sit with others at meal times etc, but it's your choice how much you want to mix with the other travellers.

And I was very nervous, I got dropped at the airport and thought what on earth am I doing and almost turned around, but then thought life should be an adventure and try anything once, and then I went on another!

Maybe make a short of list of places you have always wanted to visit, then take the plunge 🙂.

Deb