Lynnpm
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone,

I've booked my first JY holiday to Costa Rica in November my first solo trip i'm really excited - not long to go!

If anyone else is going please say hello

Lynn

the_baron1
(Member)
Hello Lynn,

Good of you! Hope you have a thrilling time and enjoy every minute of it.

Never been to Costa Rica but have been to Jamacia and West Indies Islands so I know you will enjoy the caribbean atmosphere.

I am off to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand on Friday. This will be my first JY holiday also. So far my excitement was a while back, now I am just in a mellow mood waiting to go. Think it will kck in again when I am on the way to the airport.

Have a good time when you go.

Best regards

Eric.

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'the_baron1' wrote:

Hello Lynn,

Good of you! Hope you have a thrilling time and enjoy every minute of it.

Never been to Costa Rica but have been to Jamacia and West Indies Islands so I know you will enjoy the caribbean atmosphere.

I am off to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand on Friday. This will be my first JY holiday also. So far my excitement was a while back, now I am just in a mellow mood waiting to go. Think it will kck in again when I am on the way to the airport.

Have a good time when you go.

Best regards

Thanks Eric

I've also visited Jamaica, Dominican and Cuba in the past so I know i'll definitely enjoy the trip and as you say the caribbean atmosphere.

Your trip also sounds amazing have a really good time

Regards

Lynn

Eric.

Roger S
(Member)
Hi,

I am booked on the November Costa Rica trip.

My first time with JY, looking forward to it.

R

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[Hi Roger

Good to hear from you - looking forward to meeting you only another 6 weeks!!

I see there's another thread on here as well about maleria tablets - i went to GP but was advised I didn't need them. I've got plenty of fly sprays though!

Lucinda
(Member)
Hi, i went to costa rica with just you in september! Was a little apprehensive to start with but once there i had a fab time. Take lots of small dollars and a torch!

Have a great time - and any questions let me know

Lucinda

debbieandnorris
(Member)
Hi Lynn

I'm going to Costa Rica in November too, not long now this will be my 2nd hol with just you r u excited?

:D

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[Hi Debbie

Yes I am really excited glad it's not to long to wait!

It's nice how so many people choose to go on another JY holiday where did you go before?

Lynn

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lucinda' wrote:

Hi, i went to costa rica with just you in september! Was a little apprehensive to start with but once there i had a fab time. Take lots of small dollars and a torch!

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda,

Glad to hear you had a good time I cannot wait I'm glad its nearly here!

Thanks for the advise - I was wondering whether to take both dollars and colons but I think it will order just dollars in small notes now.

Just a couple of questions I can think of at the moment - is the dress in the evenings really casual?, I'm just planning to take linen trousers jeans etc keep covered from the mossies as they normally love me! Also how cold was it up the Poas Volcano crater would a coat be needed or just a thick cardigan?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Lynn

Lucinda
(Member)
'Lynnpm' wrote:

'Lucinda' wrote:

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda,

Thanks for the advise - I was wondering whether to take both dollars and colons but I think it will order just dollars in small notes now.

Just a couple of questions I can think of at the moment - is the dress in the evenings really casual?, I'm just planning to take linen trousers jeans etc keep covered from the mossies as they normally love me! Also how cold was it up the Poas Volcano crater would a coat be needed or just a thick cardigan?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Lynn

Hi Lynn

I wouldnt worry about taking colones - when you spend dollars they give you the change back in colones generally. The largest notes i took were $50, a lot of the small places you may spend money in didnt take bigger than $20 but restaurants would.

Some people dressed up in the evening (ie dress and heels), i just went with linen trousers and a smarter top and cardi. When i was there it was still warm in the evening, but i still wore my cardi for the mossies!

We went to the Poas volcano early in the day approx 9am so it was quite windy and a little chilly-but a warmer cardi/jumper would suffice.

Def take a waterproof - as when it rained it really rained! and mayb some light trousers/shoes you dont mind getting a bit wet/muddy during some of the excursions.

No need for maleria tablets, just lots of spray!

Have a great time

Lucinda

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lucinda' wrote:

'Lynnpm' wrote:

'Lucinda' wrote:

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda,

Thanks for your help

Regards

Lynn

Hi Lucinda

Many thanks for the advice, it's great getting first hand information. I've got my rain coat ready!

Thanks again

Regards

Lynn

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lucinda

Many thanks for your advice it has helped me to know what to pack. I have my rain coat ready!

Only 5 weeks to go now I am so excited

Regards

Lynn

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just back from Costa Rica, had a great time, one thing to check is what time you need to be at Heathrow, a number of us got ther for 3am (3 hours before as the notes indicated) only to find we had to wait until 5am for the bag drop
Roger S
(Member)
'TimH' wrote:

Just back from Costa Rica, had a great time, one thing to check is what time you need to be at Heathrow, a number of us got ther for 3am (3 hours before as the notes indicated) only to find we had to wait until 5am for the bag drop

Thanks for confirming my suspicions Tim.

I was finding it difficult to find public transport for 3 am.

I'd already looked into it and JY didn't seem to be aware the system doesn't open up until 5am.

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'TimH' wrote:

Thanks for letting me know Tim, I was planning to get there for 3 am.

I'll have to look into it. Glad you had a good time I'm getting excited now!

Lynn

Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Roger wrote:

'TimH' wrote:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions Tim.

I was finding it difficult to find public transport for 3 am.

I'd already looked into it and JY didn't seem to be aware the system doesn't open up until 5am.

Hi Roger,

I've managed to get a lift to the airport but do not really want to be there waiting for 2 hours, I was going to drop Ben a line and ask although it seems you've have already done this - not sure how else to find this info out?

debbieandnorris
(Member)
debbieandnorris
(Member)
19 days Togo ahhh I'm excited if your on Facebook add me Debbie Booth I'm swimming with dolphin would be good to chat before we take off ha well I'm coming all the way from north Devon and I'm going by national express arriving 4pm the day before as this is the only transport I could book closet to the departure time final details will be coming Monday roll on the 12th....weekend away at buntlines first thou! I'm not a celebrity let me in the jungle lol
Lynnpm
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'debbieandnorris' wrote:

19 days Togo ahhh I'm excited if your on Facebook add me Debbie Booth I'm swimming with dolphin would be good to chat before we take off ha well I'm coming all the way from north Devon and I'm going by national express arriving 4pm the day before as this is the only transport I could book closet to the departure time final details will be coming Monday roll on the 12th....weekend away at buntlines first thou! I'm not a celebrity let me in the jungle lol

I know me too! I'm not actually on Facebook but I can always ask Ben to give you my email address. You are having a good month I hope you enjoy your weekend away.

Let's just hope they don't give us any bushtucker trials or make us eat something gross - keep Ant and Dec away! lol

Lucinda
(Member)
Hi

With regards to your query on arrival time at the airport- when i went in september i too got there early (think about 3) to find you couldnt drop off the luggage til 5. However you can still book on to the flight on the british airways booking in computers prior to this (BA staff also present to assist). So if you are picky about your seat i wouldnt leave it til 5 as there wasnt much choice when i booked in at about 4.30am.

Hope you all have a lovely trip

Lucinda

x