smartdottie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

This will be my first holiday on my own as my husband died Sept last year. I am looking forward to it & meeting new people, as I have always wanted to see this side of America. But what really scares me is finding my way around Terminal 5 of Heathrow Airport. Can anyone tell me their experiences of this & are you really met by the tour manager to help you book in? Sounds too good to be true. Also, I have been told by my travel agent that there will be no lounge where we can all meet up as one is not available at this terminal & I have been refunded £15 because of this. Shame, as this would have reassurred me a bit that I was with fellow passengers.

I am just petrified of getting lost at the terminal & missing my flight! The actual holiday I have no problems with as long as I get there!

Sorry if you think I am crackers, but any comments I would be glad of.

Regards

Dot

Annecxt
(Member)
Terminal 5 is very easy - you certainly wont get lost. You check in first at the automatic check in screens in front of the check in desks, but there is a helpdesk at check in if you cant work out what to do. You get your boarding pass printed out, then drop your luggage at check in when it opens (3 hours before flight)

I was there last month (same trip) and it was amazingly hassle free, and I found others by spotting the Just You lables. There was a Just You rep there once check in opened, so dont worry. The tour manager Kim will meet you on arrival in San Francisco, and has a great system of luggage portering - have fun