badskittler
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just booked. Who else is going on 17th August? Always nice to know a few names before travelling.
martin whitehead
(Member)
Hello

am going on the Ahr valley on the 17th aug .

from martin

badskittler
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'martin wrote:

Hello

from martin

Sorry Martin I didn't check the email notification and I missed your response. I know there is still plenty of time for others to book but I hope there is more than 2 of us!

Not been on a trip by coach before so not sure how that works. Does anyone know where the group first meets? Is it at Dover?

I looked up my coach journey and know I will have to change at Victoria Coach Station and that home to Dover will be at least 7 hours. I hope the crossing is not too early in the afternoon or it could be a very early start.

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'badskittler' wrote:

'martin wrote:

Hello

from martin

Sorry Martin I didn't check the email notification and I missed your response. I know there is still plenty of time for others to book but I hope there is more than 2 of us!

Not been on a trip by coach before so not sure how that works. Does anyone know where the group first meets? Is it at Dover?

I looked up my coach journey and know I will have to change at Victoria Coach Station and that home to Dover will be at least 7 hours. I hope the crossing is not too early in the afternoon or it could be a very early start.

Hi,

I have done this trip twice and I was picked up by the feeder coach locally then taken to Dover (or if on the Chunnel crossing, elsewhere) for the interchange. The ferry crossing to Calais has been mid-morning then on to Germany.

Perhaps you should check with JY - I am sure they will give you more information about this.

I hope you enjoy this trip - I did. Have a great time.

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

martin whitehead
(Member)
'badskittler' wrote:

Hello

from martin

Helllo

Yes we all meat at dover, they will give you a number which will be on the fronte of the bus going to Ahr valley, i am the bus near were i live, i think the pick up point go sight to dover not sore i you have to change, am sure there are more of 2 going.

from martin